LoL profits leap as it moves into Scotland
- Sainsbury's man at LoL. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p3
Reports that Roger Matthews has been appointed as non-executive chairman of Land of Leather as it prepares for its stock market flotation, expected in mid-July 2005. Former Sainsbury's finance director; Expected value of the store chain; Conversion to a plc on the Alternative Investment Market.
- Good leather selection but some details do not click. // Cabinet Maker;03/09/2001, Issue 5228, p4
Focuses on the Web site of Land of Leather, leather upholstery dealer in Great Britain. Discounts offered; Provision of warranty to customer orders; Lack of lead time details; Details on other features of the site.
- Land of Leather denies sale rumours. // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p2
Reports the deny made by the Land of Leather company concerning the sale rumors. Personal views of director Frank Fox on the speculation; Evaluation on business strategies of the company; Announcement of Fox on the usage of corporate finance company the Livingstone Gurantee to review the plans...
- Land of Leather closing down. // Cabinet Maker;4/9/2010, Issue 5682, p5
The article reports on the decision of Land of Leather Ltd. to close its 19 remaining shops in Great Britain after failed to find a buyer.
- Land of Leather brand up for sale. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2011, Issue 5727, p4
The article reports on the move of Land of Leather Ltd to sell its intellectual property in Great Britain.
- Land of Leather expands by a third to 15 as it continues to eschew IFC. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/21/98, Issue 5102, p7
Reports on London, England-based upholstery retailer Land of Leather's plan to open four additional stores in August 1998 as it continues its policy of eschewing interest free credit. Locations of planned stores; Merchandise.
- Land of Leather. // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p10
Relates experiences on furniture shopping at the Land of Leather store in Great Britain. Lack of customer acknowledgement; Negligence of staff to identify customer needs; Failure of the salesperson to provide information on the furniture products.
- Land of Leather launches its first 'safe' shopping scheme. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2001, Issue 5259, p1
Reports the launching of protection bond scheme by the furniture retailer Land of Leather (LoL) company in Great Britain. Effectivity of the plan based on insurance bond of customers' cheque and cash deposits; Objective of shopping scheme plan. INSET: Enter the new world of retail, by Audrey...
- Openingsfor Land of Leather. // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p4
Reports on the added job responsibilities accepted by the area manager of Land of Leather in its newly opened branch in Dublin. Launch of its three branches in Great Britain; Experiences of the manager to his previous company that he worked for; Agreement to be disqualified as a director to his...