Bentalls' Bristol warning
- Pentalls to put more emphasis on contemporary. // Cabinet Maker;10/06/2000, Issue 5208, p2
Reports the demand of contemporary lifestyle furniture for Bentalls in Bristol, England. Importance of furniture as a store merchandise; Efforts of the company to eliminate company borrowing and aid development; Accounts on the percentage sales increase of the company.
- Fenwick offers pound71m for Bentalls. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p5
Reports the purchase of furniture department store chain Bentalls by rival company Fenwick in England. Strategic fit for Fenwick; Opportunity for employees and shareholders; Prediction of sales for the combined chain.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;8/23/2002, Issue 5301, p3
Reports on developments concerning the British furniture industry as of August 2002. Completion of department store chain Beale's acquisition of Bentalls' store in Kent, England; Release of the new brochure of Display Lighting.
- Bentalls in the red. // Housewares;Jun93, Issue 99, p3
Reports on the loss of profits for the first time of the British department store chain Bentalls in 1992. Flat second half's trading; Poor Christmas; Dividend cut and retrenching of redundant staff as a result of the deficit.
- Bentalls sold to Fenwick. // Housewares;Aug2001, Issue 159, p29
Reports on the sale of Bentalls, a department store group in England, to rival Fenwick.
- Bentalls sees sale success. // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p2
Informs on sales increases at British department store chain Bentalls.
- Date set for Bentalls in Bristol. // Cabinet Maker;05/01/98, Issue 5086, p6
Reports on the scheduled opening of Bentalls' department store in Bristol, England. Overview on the company's financial performance for the period ending January 1998.
- Irene Lovell. // Housewares;Oct95, Issue 122, p36
Profiles Irene Lovell, Bentalls of Kingston cookshop sales assistant. Investment of housewares suppliers in product development and design; Career in retailing; Use of the store's discount scheme.
- Bentalls. Whitefoord, Adrian // In-Store Marketing;Jul2002, p42
Evaluates the store design of Bentalls. Arrangement of product displays; Decorations of the store.