Inquiry launched after child is killed by recliner
- Safe as houses. O'Hanlon, Nicola // Australian House & Garden;Mar1999, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p163
Presents home-safety tips. Presence of dogs; Bars on windows; Use of deadlocks for added security; Use of smoke detectors; Keeping of cleaning products away from children's reach; Investment in a first-aid kit.
- Auto seats focus of design competition. // Design News;10/6/97, Vol. 53 Issue 19, p55
Presents information on automobile seats, while focusing on an industrial design competition which Bertrand Faure, a major automotive seat manufacturer in France was promoted. Developments of this competition; What the competition required; Who won the competition.
- Promote safety: around the home. // Athens News;9/13/2012, p20
The article offers some of the common injuries that occur at home as well as provides safety measures to reduce such injuries. Among these common accidents include slamming fingers in doors and windows, cooking injuries, and electrocution. Also presented are the safety items to minimize such...
- Escape chair. // Popular Science;Apr84, Vol. 224 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on an escape chair for handicapped person. Benefit of chair during a fire, bomb threat or power outage; Cost of the chair.
- Preliminary evaluation of wheelchair occupant restraint system usage in motor vehicles. van Roosmalen, Linda; Bertocci, Gina E.; Hobson, Douglas A.; Karg, Patricia // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p83
Examines the use and satisfaction of installed vehicle-mounted wheelchair occupant restraint systems (WORS) for individuals using wheeled mobility devices as seats in motor vehicles. Details of the facts on the effectiveness of seat restraint use; Discussion of the uses of wheeled mobility...
- SAFETY GATE. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Oct2004, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p1
The article presents a brief account of safety gates launched by FabEnCo Inc. Theses extra large self-closing safety gates offer vertical coverage for fall protection at openings for ladders, platforms, mezzanines and stairs. Shipped complete with all hardware for mounting to walls or handrails,...
- ESFI Offers Seasonal Safety Reminders. // Professional Safety;Dec2005, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on the issuance of safety checklist by the Electrical Safety Foundation International which help keep electrical safety in mind during the change of season in the U.S. An important safety suggestion would be the use of outdoor tools and appliances by: (1) storing warm-weather...
- CO ALARMS Better sensors. // Consumer Reports;Sep2005, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p42
Presents a product evaluation of carbon-monoxide (CO) alarms. Review of how a growing number of states and cities now require the use of CO detectors in homes; Reports that new models offer new ways to protect the home against the odorless, colorless gas; Statistics related to the number of...
- Making a house safe for a child with autism. Srikanth, Kamalathara // Exceptional Parent;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p45
Offers advice for mothers on making a house safe for a child with autism. Ways of identifying the risks; Fireplace safety guidelines; Ensuring safety in using the microwave; Suggested home security system; Bathroom safety; Kitchen safety.