Uno/WoL legal wrangle
- Uno in last ditch effort to salvage failing fortunes. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p1
Reports on the massive financial restructuring of British upholstery retailer Uno to ensure its survival in the industry. Reduction of the company's `unfocused' product offer at Uno and the World of Leather which comprise the company; Situations that resulted to negative cash flows for the company.
- Another fine mess Uno management has got itself into. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p7
Focuses on the financial problems of British furniture company Uno. Uncertainty on the company's ability to convince suppliers that they will be paid; Sale of component World of Leather as an option for the company.
- DTI solicitors call time on 'Uno five' trial deliberations. // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p1
Reports on the trail date against several directors of Uno Corp. in Great Britain. Disqualification of the directors by the department of trade and industry; Debt of the company and World of Leather; Accusations against the companies.
- Monthly winner. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p12
Reports that Swindon's World of Leather branch is the winner of the `Cabinet Maker' magazine's Mystery Shopper award for the month of January 2000.
- World of leather great western way. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p12
Evaluates Swindon's World of Leather furniture store.
- Bee tipped to move in on WoL as Uno staff go. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/24/2000, Issue 5180, p1
Speculates on the future of Uno in the midst of rumors on the takeover of the World of Leather by Hart Furniture. Integration of the cabinet concessionaires; Closure of Uno since the appointment of administrators for the company.
- Virtual Leather. Witthaus, Michele // Marketing Week;11/26/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p55
Highlights the implementation of Visualiser, a system of developing a display unit that will allow customers to visualize sofas against a variety of different backgrounds, by World of Leather, a furniture company. Comments from Steve Burke, marketing executive of the company; Impact of the...
- World of Leather aims for 45 site chain. // Cabinet Maker;4/18/2008, Issue 5584, p31
The article reflects on the plan of World of Leather Plc. to add three more sites to its total of 27 stores in Great Britain on April 9, 1993. The announcement was made after the company gained 8% increase or about Â£25.6 million recorded in December 31, 1992. According to Michael Benardout,...
- January deadline for Uno Quintet. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p3
Reports on the disqualification proceedings against five former directors of England-based furniture company Uno. Allegation that the directors traded to the detriment of customers.