New code of practice
- Here's to a Prosperous New Year! Golden, Jeff // National Floor Trends;Jan2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses various topics published in the January 2010 issue of the magazine "NTF Floor Trends" including the thoughts and ideas from 12 participating companies in the "2010 Industry Outlook" article and the performance of non-textile flooring companies discussed in the article...
- Stripping Down To Basics. Baxley Jr., Bill // Floor Covering Installer;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p24
The author reflects on the development of tack strip machines and carpet industry in the U.S. He presents different photos that show several shortcomings in the tack strip practices found in the field. He comments on a residential job site where he visited with his friend John Shoffner for...
- Sculpture for the floor. Wyman, Lissa // Home Accents Today;Jul2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the use of shapes, cut-outs or silhouettes in the accent rug category. Fusion of form and design in cut-out rugs; Sources of handtufted products.
- Karastan Contract Bleecker Street and Tribeca. // Contract;May2003, Vol. 45 Issue 5, NeoCon World's Trade Fair p23
Bleecker Street, with lines mimicking images of city skyscrapers, and Tribeca, evoking the vibrancy of Manhattan, New York's streets and underground subways, are dynamic in appearance and perfect for most high-traffic corporate settings. The construction of the carpeting, woven with DuPont...
- Big changes rippling through rug industry. Wyman, Lissa // Furniture/Today;07/10/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p6
Highlights trends in the United States rug industry as of July 10, 2000. Color palette for rugs; Technological developments; Overlapping of the International Area Rug Market with the gift and home furnishings show.
- Rising costs, falling dollar hurt rug importers. // Furniture/Today;8/6/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p36
The article provides an overview of the performance of rug manufacturers at the Las Vegas Market show in Nevada. According to rug manufacturer, the declining dollar and increasing costs of raw materials have affected their profits. To cope with these developments, majority of rug vendors...
- Flooring Sustainability Standards Referenced in IgCC. // Floor Trends;Aug2015, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p30
The article reports that the NSF International sustainability standards for carpet and resilient flooring, ANSI/NSF 140 and ANSI/NSF 332, respectively, are referenced in the International Green Construction Code (IgCC) as of early August 2015.
- Hanover Floorcovering Show Draws 40,000. Owen, Phil // Textile World;Feb99, Vol. 149 Issue 2, p104
Focuses on the Domotex carpets and floorcovering trade show in Hanover, Germany. Total number of visitors; Number of overseas attendees.
- Upcoming Industry Events. // National Floor Trends;Jan2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p42
A calendar of events for the events industry is presented including the Atlanta International Area Rug Market on January 7 to 10, 2010 at the ATL-MART in Atlanta, Georgia, the Surfaces 2010 on February 1 -4 in Las Vegas, Nevada and the World Stone Congress 2010 on March 6 in Xiamen, China.