Rosebys in talks to take over Harveys
- Rosebys on the prowl. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p8
Focuses on the advantages of the plan of British home furnishings company Rosebys to buy furniture company Harveys Furnishings.
- Rosebys plans additions to Knightingales chain. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
States that Rosebys, a home furnishings retail company, plans to increase its Knightingales chain of low-price stores. Number of outlets that will be added; Identification of other plans by the company.
- Rosebys: The king of value for money. // Home Furnishings;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p16
Profiles the Rosebys Group, a company which dominates in household textiles and soft furnishings in Great Britain. Background information on the company and its operations; Listing of companies acquired by Rosebys; Revenues generated annually; How it remains competitive in the home furnishing...
- Rosebys bid adds value to Harveys. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p6
Reports on an increase in Harveys' share price following the confirmation of a bid approach from Rosebys. Benefits expected by both companies from the deal; Share prices posted by other furniture companies and retailers as of June 19, 2000.
- Victims of success. Gray, Alison // Cabinet Maker;5/12/2006, Issue 5487, p9
The article comments that the resignations of three directors charged with operations at Great Britain-based home furnishings company, Harveys is an indication that the company cannot keep up with business growth. Parent company Steinhoff should either invest in a supply chain or a stronger...
- Rosebys rolls into beds with Bensons acquisition. // Home Furnishings;May/June97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Bensons, a bed retailer, by Rosebys, a specialist retailer of household and textiles in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions of the deal; Comments From Michael Rosenblatt.
- Rosebys adds housewares. // Housewares;Mar2006, Issue 196, p45
The article reports that Rosebys, a home textiles retailer, has branched out into additional categories including housewares on a special offer basis in Great Britain. The company is planning to add all sorts of lines on a gradual basis. The group has also diversified into electricals, home...
- Stock options. // Accountancy;Sep99, Vol. 124 Issue 1273, p87
Discloses the reexamination done by Harveys Furnishing of Great Britain of its calculation of actual stock held in its accounts for the 52 weeks ended April 24, 1999. Changes in the firm's practice of deducting the cost of sales from stock; Financial impact on group stock.
- Harveys introduces new credit systems. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the introduction of a credit system by Harveys, a soft furnishings and upholstery retailer. Reason for the launching of a storecard; Description of other services offered.