Study New England
- CALENDAR. // Magnolia;Winter/Spring2005, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p2
Presents a calendar of events to be held between April 2004 and August 2004 that are of interest to members of the Southern Garden History Society. Annual Open House at Tufton Farm at the Thomas Jefferson Center for Historic Plants in Virginia in May 2004; "Early American Nurseries and...
- REPORTS OF CONFERENCES & MEETINGS. Updike, Christina B.; Kerr, Virginia // Art Documentation: Bulletin of the Art Libraries Society of Nort;Fall1988, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p96
Highlights the events during congresses concerning art documentation in the U.S. as of 1988. Annual meeting of the Southeastern College Art Conference hosted by the University of Tennessee in Knoxville; Annual meeting of the Society of Architectural Historians in Chicago, Illinois.
- REPORTS OF CONFERENCES & MEETINGS. Smith, Merrill; Tatman, Sandra; Clarke, Sherman; Sevy, Barbara; Larsen, John C. // Art Documentation: Bulletin of the Art Libraries Society of Nort;Oct1982, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p140
Presents updates on congresses concerning art library associations in North America as of 1982. Activities during the annual meeting of the Association of Architecture School Librarians with the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture in Quebec City in April; Highlights of the Society...
- Sleuthing forgotten women's contributions. Ng, Henry // Architectural Record;Dec2007, Vol. 195 Issue 12, p36
The article highlights the symposium entitled "Women in Modernism: Making Places in Architecture," sponsored by the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in Manhattan, New York and the Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation on October 25, 2007. The symposium uncovered several contributions of female...
- XIV CONGRESO INTERNACIONAL. Expresión Gráfica Arquitectónica. Tordesillas, Antonio Álvaro; Desvaux, Noelia Galván // Revista de EGA;2012, Issue 20, p20
No abstract available.
- Contemporary transformations of modern architecture. Curtis, W.J.R. // Architectural Record;Jun1989, Vol. 177 Issue 7, p108
Historian William J.R. Curtis probes the intricacies of 20th-century architecture. Modernism and Post-modernism; Tradition of Modern architecture; Deconstructivism; Formalists and Mannerists; Modern architecture in other countries; Regionalism and Third World identity.
- Antiques: British art pottery. Berman, Avis // Architectural Digest;Sep92, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p162
Discusses the British design reform known as the Arts and Crafts movement, and the artistic pottery it spawned. Shows several examples of handcrafted pottery from the mid-19th to mid-20th centuries. Artists; Objects; Colors; Commercial firms; Individuality; Popularity.
- Art: Provincetown color woodcuts. Berman, Ann E. // Architectural Digest;Sep92, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p178
Discusses the Provincetown Print woodcut revolution of the early 1900s. The woodcut process used a single block to print an entire work and soon became known as white-line woodcuts. Process; Original woodcut process; Distinct style; Artists and exhibitions; Examples.
- Makers of majestic spaces. // U.S. News & World Report;8/31/92-9/7/92, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p79
Presents a selection from Daniel J. Boorstin's new book, `The Creators,' discussing how Rome's builders worked wonders with noble arches and plebeian concrete. The grandeur of Roman architecture; The Roman shapes in architecture; More.