- "SPECIALISTS MUST DIFFERENTIATE TO SURVIVE". // Housewares;Apr2006, Issue 197, p34
The article reports that specialist houseware retailers in Great Britain are expected to suffer a decline in sales in the next five years, according to a study conducted by Verdict Research. It was found that tougher competition from non-specialists is set to make life more difficult for many...
- Untapped potential. Turner, Clare // Housewares;Sep/Oct99, Issue 148, p6
Details retail consultancy Verdict's report on the homewares sector in Great Britain. Potential of the sector to outperform total retail sales; Market share of homewares retailers.
- January sales up on 2006. // Housewares;Mar2007, Issue 204, p4
The article reports on the increase of retail sales by 3.1 percent in January 2007 on a like-for-like basis, the highest monthly increase since July 2006 in Great Britain. Home accessories remained strong helped by clearance markdowns. According to British Retail Consortium director general...
- Mass merchant circulars emphasize different categories. // DSN Retailing Today;1/7/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the differences in promotions for houseware items of United States mass retailers during the holiday season of 2001. Retailers which plan on expanding their display areas for kitchen appliances; Increase in home storage advertising space at Ames stores.
- NRF: Strong September Sales Give Hopeful Outlook for Holiday Season. // Home Textiles Today;10/22/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p20
The article presents information on the retail sales growth in the field of clothing and electronics stores as well as in furniture and home furnishings industry in the U.S. in the month of September 2012.
- Home Improvement: Continued Strength. Wissman, Geoff // Chain Store Age;Aug2004, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p36A
Reports on the market condition of the home improvement retailing sector in the U.S. as of August 2004. Sales growth posted by the sector in 2003; Factors that contributed to the sector's sales growth; Expansion of some home improvement companies; Forecast on the sales performance of the sector.
- Couristan sale offers low prices, co-op advertising. // Home Accents Today;Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p50
Announces the Couristan Classic Summer Sale period from August 16 to September 30 in the United States. Benefits from the 'Sample Up' program; Launch additional house furnishing designs; Offer of advertising packages and allowance programs.
- METHODOLOGY. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p47
The article reports on the methodology used in the exclusive Universe Study conducted by the "Casual Living" magazine for the outdoor home furnishings industry in the U.S. It states that the study offers an estimated 2007 and 2008 retail sales totals for outdoor furniture and grills, including...
- "Things ain't what they used to be". Gordon, Gary // Housewares;May/Jun2006, Issue 198, p43
The article discusses factors affecting the market performance of retailers and suppliers in the houseware industry in Great Britain. The proliferation of online shops has affected the sales of many retailers. Furthermore, Great Britain is one of the most expensive country to rent a shop....