- The 'new' New York. McMenamin, Mark T. // Home Accents Today;Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p25
Opinion. Comments on the dynamics of change in the house furnishing retail industry in New York. Transformations in Times Square; Factors contributing to the closure of the Soho branch of Platypus; Impact of the national chains on independent retailing and rents; Emergence of retail districts.
- 25 Powerhouse Retailers in home accents. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p16
Lists the 25 largest home furnishings retailers in the United States as of December 2000. Names of retailers; Company background; Shares of the home accent market; Factors affecting the market.
- Expansions. // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p31
Reports on home furnishings manufacturers and retailers' expansion of their facilities in the United States as of December 2000. Baton Rouge, Louisiana-based Plain Jane's expansion of its warehouse facilities; Tapestries Ltd.'s expansion of its warehouse in High Point, North Carolina.
- BUSINESS briefs. // Home Textiles Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p18
Presents news and developments relevant to the retail trade and home furnishings industry in the U.S. compiled as of April 2003. Chief executives' assessment and business confidence associated with the existing economic conditions; Wages for executives.
- Opening the door to `supervise-it-yourselfers'. Duff, Mike // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p51
Reports on the efforts by American home products retailers to attract new and more affluent customers by building new retail concepts. Includes the offer of designer-coordinated home soft goods sections at Lowe's; Kmart's offer of Martha Stewart's line; Wal-Mart's launching of Sahara Supreme;...
- briefly. // Housewares;Dec2001, Issue 162, p36
Presents news items related to the house furnishings industry in Great Britain as of December 2001. Addition of retailer categories in the Gift of the Year Awards of The Giftware Association; Launching of a new retail concept by Aga Foodservice Group; Percentage increase in the revenues of...
- briefly. // Housewares;Dec2002, Issue 171, p29
Presents news briefs related to houseware retailers in Great Britain, as of December 2002.
- Untitled. // Discount Store News;1/25/99, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p35
Presents news briefs on home products retail marketing in the United States. Stores opened by Linens 'n Things; Investment of Home Products International for the renovation of its Chicago manufacturing facility; Executives from several companies who were promoted.
- RETAIL FACE OFF: Home Sweet Home. // Retail Traffic;Nov2003, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p12
Features some household accessory and decor retailers in the United States that are searching for freestanding or open-air sites. Kirkland's Home; Pier 1 Imports; Cost Plus World Market.
- Single-vendor sleep shops stir debate. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p2
Reports on issues facing home furnishing industry in the U.S. Problems encountered by Sealy's retail affiliates, The Mattress Firm and Mattress Discounters; Keys for specialty retailers; Problems associated with single-vendor relationships; Successful examples of single-source retailers. ...