Sliderobes fits in fourth outlet
- Allders. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p11
Features Allders At Home's house furnishing retail store in Great Britain.
- Is There a Merchandiser in the House? Marks, Jennifer // Home Textiles Today;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p22
The author criticizes several independent home furnishing retailers in the U.S. after visiting their stores located in New Jersey. She visited 17 stores, which includes Bed Bath & Beyond, JCPenny and Christmas Tree Shops. The first thing that she observed was the difficulty strolling around the...
- HOME SPENDING ACCELERATES More channels than ever vie for a piece. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;7/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p36
Reports on the growth of the home retailing industry in the United States in 2002. Ability of major retailers in the home goods category to accommodate changing trends in demand toward lower price point items; Mass-market retailers' addition of furniture items and expansion into more segments;...
- Upstart chains make themselves home in a rapidly expanding category. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p62
Lists the top home furnishings store chains in the United States based on sales in 1995. Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens 'n Things and IKEA U.S. as the top three chains; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..
- STORE OPENINGS. // Home Accents Today;May2009, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p61
This section offers news briefs on store openings in the U.S. home furnishings market. Home decor and gift shop Pineapples & Polkadots opened a store in the Westport Village shopping complex in Louisville, Kentucky. Asian Images reopened its showroom at a new location in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ikea...
- Canadian retailers still cautious. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the trend among furniture retailers to establish operations in Canada. Caution expressed by the retailers regarding their prospects for 2005; Factors affecting the furniture retail trade; Challenges faced by the industry.
- Tabletop Serves Up Sales. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the move of savvy casual furniture retailers to capitalize on the U.S. citizens' love of living and entertaining outdoors by accessorizing their products. It states that nearly 54% of stores included in the 100 Powerhouse Retailers of "Casual Living" mentioned that they...
- Adaptability could be the key. Parsons, Will // Housewares;May/Jun2006, Issue 198, p42
The article discusses the efforts of houseware retailers in Great Britain to adapt to changing market conditions and increasing competition. Lady Jane Department Store in Suffolk, England has changed its offering to cater to fashion-led and price-conscious consumers. Lanes of Cheddar in...
- "Things ain't what they used to be". Gordon, Gary // Housewares;May/Jun2006, Issue 198, p43
The article discusses factors affecting the market performance of retailers and suppliers in the houseware industry in Great Britain. The proliferation of online shops has affected the sales of many retailers. Furthermore, Great Britain is one of the most expensive country to rent a shop....