- Office furniture market changing. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/2/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p26
Examines trends in the U.S. office furniture industry in 2002. Rise in mergers in the industry; Buyers' preference for refurbished or remanufactured furniture and ready-to-assemble furniture to reduce costs; Impact of home offices and telecommuting on the industry; Value of U.S. furniture...
- Fast-track furniture. Loukin, Andrea // Interior Design;10/31/94, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p18
Discusses the need for the furniture industry to adapt to the changing work habits and environment. Comment by Robert Arko, vice president of design at the Metropolitan Furniture; Product development taking into account changing work environment; Different office furniture designs by companies.
- OFDA launches new guide. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p17
Announces the Office Furniture Dealers Alliance's (OFDA) release of its report called 'OFDA 2001 Dealer Financial Comparison and Performance Benchmarking Guide.' Database of office furniture dealer financial and operating data; Guidelines for identifying business strengths, weaknesses and...
- First furniture Delphi study focuses on workstyle trends. Hoekman, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 17 Issue 26, pB1
Reports on the findings of Delphi Study on office furniture designs and manufacture industry in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Technology-driven trends; Increased adoption of teaming principles in non-manufacturing industries; Anticipated continued growth of home offices; Changing dynamics of leasing;...
- Low confidence, weak growth stifle furniture sales. Knutson, Ted // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/08/99, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the factors affecting the slow growth of the office furniture trade in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Decline in business confidence and white collar employment; Perception of office furniture as extravagance; Effects of company downsizing and increase in mobile employees.
- An 'intelligent' modern office furniture investment. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;1/18/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, pS7
Features Genius office system developed by Ofita and distributed by Makro Importers and Distributors Inc. in Puerto Rico. Cost-effectiveness of the furniture; Practicality and flexibility of the furniture line; Applicability for shared workstation and nonterritorial offices; Factors to consider...
- Tough times polish off some in furniture biz. Beal, Eileen // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p17
Focuses on the impact of the market erosion to office furniture business in Ohio. Decline of office furniture sales; Reasons behind the struggles of the office furniture business; Business openings of several office furniture companies.
- Office furniture dealers. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p47
Lists the top office furniture dealers in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by the number of local employees in 1997. Includes Office Depot; Economy Office Furniture; California Business Furnishings Inc.
- BIFMA Sees More Of The Same For Furniture Makers. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p9
Reports on the downgrading of the expectations for the office furniture industry in the United States for 2002. Predictions of the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association.