Safety Standards and the ADA
- EEOC challenges Exxon's substance-abuse policy. Laabs, Jeniffer J.; Hardin, Patricia // Personnel Journal;Aug95, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p11
Reports on a lawsuit filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Exxon Corp. Commission's complaints against a policy instituted by the company that bars employees with past substance-abuse record from holding jobs that carry a high risk of personal injury; Details of the lawsuit.
- Catching up. // National Petroleum News;Aug95, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p11
Reports on a lawsuit filed against Exxon Corp. by the Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission. Alleged policy of excluding employees with histories of substance abuse; Reactions; Possible precedent.
- EEOC claims Exxon policy on substance abusers violates ADA. // HR Magazine;Aug1995, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p4
Reports that the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has filed suit against Exxon Corp. for violations of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). Exxon's policy of barring any job applicant with a history of substance abuse from consideration for jobs that are highly safety...
- RELIGIOUS ACCOMMODATION IN THE WORKPLACE: WHY FEDERAL COURTS FAIL TO PROVIDE MEANINGFUL PROTECTION OF RELIGIOUS EMPLOYEES. KAMINER, DEBBIE N. // Texas Review of Law & Politics;Fall2015, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p107
The article looks at the struggle of U.S. federal courts in rendering legal protection of religious workers in the workplace. Topics covered include the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court on the case between the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Abercrombie & Fitch Stores obliged...
- Labor & Employment Digest. DiMarco, Chris // InsideCounsel;Apr2014, Vol. 24 Issue 268, p34
The article offers views from legal counsels on issues related to workplace compliance and regulation in the U.S. Jim Beyer of Seyfarth Shaw LLP mentions the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) in a consent decree with book distributor Baker & Taylor Inc. Sarah Millar of Drinker...
- EEOC blasts Mitsubishi plant. // Business Insurance;09/22/97, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p62
Presents information on the claims by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against the Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America Incorporated plant in Peoria, Illinois. Identification of the claims made; Information on the 68-page memorandum of law filed by the Equal Employment...
- Bias lawsuits. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p34
Presents information on the charges by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America Incorporated of prohibiting defense against a sexual harassment lawsuit from female officer.
- New York brokerage house settles sexual and racial abuse case for $1.75 million. // Jet;05/04/98, Vol. 93 Issue 23, p48
Reports that brokerage house, First Asset Management company, will pay former employees $1.75 million to settle charges brought by the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), which accused the company of allowing harassment of women and Blacks. Former name of the company;...
- Diabetes as an absolute hiring bar is unlawful. Barlow, Wayne E.; Hatch, D. Diane // Personnel Journal;Jun96, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p161
Focuses on the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's suit against Chrysler in behalf of David Darlin whose job offer was withdrawn because of diabetes. Safety and health concerns.