Employers can't look away from workplace violence
- Violence poser hits home for US employers. // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p11
Discusses the incidence of violence in United States workplaces. Study of the Society for Human Resource Management regarding the issue; Preventive measures made by United States employers as response to the problem; Common causes of work-based violence.
- Workplace violence not only severe problem to business... // Insurance Advocate;06/20/98, Vol. 109 Issue 25, p30
Reports that workplace violence is not only a severe problem to many American businesses, but one that is increasing in frequency according to the Society for Human Resources Management. Percentage of businesses that have reported incidents of workplace violence since 1994; Method of protecting...
- Sky's the limit, but pay hikes stalling. Albertson, David // Employee Benefit News;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p9
Highlights a conference by the Society for Human Resource Management entitled `Sky's the Limit' in 2001. Information on the `2001 Human Resource Management Compensation Survey' conducted by William M. Mercer Inc.; How human resource (HR) professionals view their job; How to assess the value of...
- SHRM meeting attracts 9,000. // Business Insurance;07/12/99, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p19
Highlights the Society for Human Resource Management's 51st Annual Conference and Exposition in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Looking beyond. McComber, Kathleen // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as it celebrates its 50th anniversary. Its origin; Number of SHRM members; Its goals.
- SHRM and HR still giving hand-in-hand. Leonard, Bill // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the American Society for Personnel Administration (ASPA) which was the Society for Human Resource Management's (SHRM) former name. Its origin; Goals of the ASPA; Challenges faced by the ASPA; Reason why the ASPA changed its name to SHRM.
- SHRM chapters: A far-reaching network. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p114
Presents a list of members of the Society for Human Resource Management's (SHRM) chapter network. Human Resources Association of New York; Butler County SHRM in Ohio; Society of Human Resource (HR) Professionals in Chicago, Illinois.
- SHRM chairs. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p132
Presents photographs of human resource (HR) professionals who have served as president or chairman for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Is big brother watching you? // USA Today Magazine;Sep93, Vol. 122 Issue 2580, p7
Discusses the percentage of human resource professionals who believe that off-the-job political and recreational activities should not be a basis for employment decisions. Survey conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management; Support for privacy in off-the-job smoking; Firms' right to...