A Resume for Disaster
- Virus. Little, Matthew J. // Products Finishing;Jun2002, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p10
Provides information on computer virus. Sample names of computer virus; Number of known strains of computer viruses; One way to protect oneself from computer viruses; Common indicators that there is a virus on the computer; Description on virus hoaxes.
- New Survey Reinforces Strong Concerns Of Small And Mid-Size Businesses To Virus Attacks In Computer Use. // Insurance Advocate;5/12/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p26
Reports on a survey of Hartford, Connecticut companies indicating that virus attacks continue to top the list of computer-related concerns among small and middle-sized businesses. Impact of computer-related incidents on business performance; Security programs to protect computer systems.
- SIR CAM, I PRESUME? Johnson, Steven // New Yorker;8/13/2001, Vol. 77 Issue 23, p27
Reports on the spread of the computer virus W32.SirCam. Method of operation employed by the virus; Most common document title spread by the virus to electronic mails; SirCam's creation of a public intimacy through distribution of files from an individual's data to strangers.
- Viruses and the Law: Why the Law is Ineffective. Montana, John C. // Information Management Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p57
Deals with the legal issues regarding computer viruses in the United States. Nature of legal restrictions applied to intellectual properties particularly computer code; Information on the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act; Problems in obtaining the conviction of a person spreading a computer virus.
- Healthy Browsing. Rudich, Joe // Link-Up;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p20
Offers tips on how to protect your personal computers from viruses. Information on the Good Times virus; History of the first Macro viruses; Examples of antivirus computer programs.
- Ten steps to protect your business against computer viruses. // Caribbean Business;11/21/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p56
Enumerates ten ways for business owners to protect their businesses against computer viruses. Guarding against internal security threats; Constant updating of directory services; Assessing of the vulnerability of the network perimeter; Reduction of patch deployment time; Decentralization and...
- IT managers regroup after Melissa hits. Nelson, Matthew; Briody, Dan // InfoWorld;04/05/99, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the aftermath of the Melissa computer virus which affected users around the globe on March 26, 1999. How information technology officials addressed the damage; Variants of the Melissa virus; Creator of the virus.
- Melissa demonstrates that an ounce of prevention beats cure. Tebbe, Mark // InfoWorld;04/05/99, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p27
Focuses on the Melissa computer virus. What added to Melissa's quick spread; Importance of preventing virus attacks.
- Mischievous Melissa needs strict discipline. Sowler, Jonathan // Marketing Week;4/8/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p38
Comments on the computer virus called Melissa. Penetration into electronic mail of homes and businesses; Concern of marketing industry if virus gains entry into customer electronic mail database; Concern for diminishing consumer trust.
- Gang jailed over cash-grabbing Trojan. // Computer Weekly;11/24/2009, p6
The article reports that a criminal gang has been convicted of stealing money from Great Britain bank accounts through computer virus Trojan and it has been sentenced to 13 years imprisonment.