Letting Employees Speak Out
- Changing the company mode. Kelly, Marsha Boone; Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;May96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p36
Suggests business management techniques concerning an open-door policy which facilitates and rewards innovative ideas from employees. Creation of a pleasant atmosphere that encourages productivity; Comments from management consultant Randolph Cameron; Benefits and importance of an atmosphere...
- The dawning of a new age in the workplace. McLagan, Pat; Nel, Christo // Journal for Quality & Participation;Mar95, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the changes in industrial management in the United States. Participation as a governance paradigm; Features of a participative style of governance; Research findings supporting the importance of participation.
- Supervisors and the `hesitate to delegate' syndrome. Anderson, Douglas // Supervision;Nov92, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p9
Discusses the hesitations of supervisor in using delegation in employee management. Reasons behind the supervisor's hesitations on delegation; Organizational characteristics of employees according to Peter Drucker, renowned management expert; Benefits of effective delegation to a company and to...
- Dare to differ. McCormack, Mark H. // Entrepreneur;Sep93, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p60
Suggests tips for the creation of a healthy culture of dissent at any company. Tossing out outrageous opinions to test the character of associates or employees; Ideas to be found in dissenting opinions.
- Beyond the suggestion box. Barrier, Michael // Nation's Business;Jul95, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p34
Discusses how to encourage employees to provide ideas for company management. Sensibility of the practice; Examples of companies which have benefited from ideas from employees; Suggestions for implementing the practice in the company. INSET: To learn more..
- What can I do to increase employee participation? Greco, Susan // Inc.;Sep97, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p108
Explains how Ralph Stayer, chief executive officer and owner of Johnsonville Foods in Wisconsin improved his communication style to increase employee initiative with tape-recordings of himself.
- It takes a team. Werder, Paul // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p51
Focuses on the difficulty of building a management style that is team-oriented and inclusive. Common obstacles in the transition; Focus when meeting the challenges.
- PARTICIPATION AND FACTORY DEMOCRACY. Horv�th, L�szl� // Eastern European Economics;Spring76, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p59
Explores the participation of workers in enterprise management. Factory democracy; Organizational chart of a business enterprise; System of information and monitoring for the workers.
- Collaboration & participation: How are you doing? Sarkus, David J. // Professional Safety;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p37
Focuses on research in participative approaches in the manufacturing environment. Findings of the research; What are the benefits of group decisions. INSET: Examples of collaboration..