The Coach Approach
- CAREER ADVICE. Naimpally, Shiv // Siliconindia;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p80
Presents advice on readers' inquiries about career choices and management. Feasibility of continuing one's studies while seeking a job; Exploration of opportunities in accountancy.
- Career planning: A systems development approach. Wagner, Gerald E.; Duncan, Doris // Information Executive;Feb2000, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p7
Discusses the use the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to create a career plan. SDLC as a systematic and orderly approach to solving business problems, and developing and supporting resulting information systems; Scientific management; Systems planning and analysis; Systems design and support.
- PAGE FOUR... Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p4
Presents comments from Mac McCullough and Mike Cook on career development and professional development. Relationships between career development and professional development; Elements of career growth and change.
- Career Planning: Coming In From the Cold. Zenger, John H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p47
Focuses on career planning. Factors that support career-planning activities; Major problems in career planning; Boss-subordinate discussion on career management; Peripheral nature of career planning; Shift of focus from teaching content and information to a strong emphasis on skill building.
- Got the job blues? Loeb, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;10/12/98, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p17
Offers advice on how to jump-start a stalled career. Involvement in community or business projects; Addition of new responsibilities to one's job description; Lateral career moves.
- Constructivist career counselling and assessment. Vance Peavy, R. // Guidance & Counseling;Spring96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
Discusses issues in career development concepts and outlines main features of career counseling from a constructivist perspective. Overview of assessment procedures in career counseling; Interpretations of reality; Use of real life experience and activity; Perspectives on worklife in the 21st...
- JobStar is a treasure trove of salary surveys. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;04/05/99, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p37
Responds to inquiries concerning career development. Search for a good salary information on the Web for nontechnical and technical jobs; Education and skills needed to get into electronic commerce as a manager.
- You're the CEO of Me Inc. James, Victoria // Direct;5/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p45
Presents some tips for intelligent career planning. Importance of continuing education to career development; Need to assess work and career goals; News about the company that should be considered.
- Career Satisfaction and the Importance of Asking Questions. Hagevik, Sandra // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr2000, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p45
Dr. Hagevik has agreed to provide NEHA members with a free resume review. If you desire assistance in creating or making revisions to your resume, a reasonable price for this service will be determined based on the extent of work requested. To request a free resume review and/or additional...
- Planned Happenstance. Hagevik, Sandra // Journal of Environmental Health;May2000, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the application of planned happenstance in managing unexpected career opportunities. Factors that influence career choice; Concepts of the planned-happenstance theory of career development; Application of the theory in career planning.