Five-Year View of Romance Shows Rise of Unusual Subcategories
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p3
Lists the top publishers in terms of number of books included in the New York Times Bestsellers list for the year ending November 4, 2002. Names of publishing companies; Number of books; Number of weeks on the list; Random House; HarperCollins; Simon and Schuster; Penguin Putnam.
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p25
Presents news briefs from concerning the book publishing industry, compiled as of May 31, 1999. Includes news on Bill Cosby's promotion of his Hyperion bestseller `Congratulations! Now What? A Book for Graduates'; Publication of the book `Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul,' by Health...
- Paperback Bestsellers/Trade. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p17
The article focuses on best selling paperbacks in the U.S. and features author Sue Mon Kidd. Monk says his book Mermaid Chair is his own attempt to answer a woman's desire to love and be free. Meanwhile, the book Su Doku Easy to Hardstill gains strong sales in 206 weeks. A complete list of the...
- New On All New York Times Bestseller Lists (For Week Ended 3/20/2005). // Book Publishing Report;3/21/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p6
Presents a chart depicting the list of new bestsellers according the "New York Times" for the week ended March 20, 2005 in the U.S. Book title; Author; Imprint.
- Bestsellers '09. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;1/11/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 2, p23
The article considers the performance of bestsellers in the U.S. in 2009. In 2009, "Publishers Weekly" magazine's weekly bestsellers lists included a record of 606 first-timers, an increase from 563 in 2008 and 496 in 2005. One trend observed in the charts in 2009 was the brief stays of...
- HarperCollins Benefits from Oprah. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Presents information regarding the "New York Times" bestsellers, compiled as of February 2004. Hardcover fiction bestsellers by literary agent; Hardcover fiction by publisher; Hardcover fiction bestsellers by no. 1 titles with longevity.
- Booksellers Report Robust Christmas. Roback, Diane; Bean, Joy // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p22
Surveys the 2004 holiday sales posted by independent booksellers in the U.S. Growth of sales for children's books in the country; Increase of book sales at the Kids' Center in Tucson, Arizona; List of best selling books in the country.
- The Potter Effect. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 27, p12
Discusses the impact of the Harry Potter seven-book series on the fundamental mechanics of publishing in the U.S. Description of global publication; Adult authors who have turned to writing young-adult books; Changes made by "The New York Times" to its bestseller lists.
- Publisher Scorecards Hardcover Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;3/21/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p7
Reports developments in the U.S. book industry. Consideration of politics and policy books as bestsellers; Number one rank of "Men in Black" by Mark Levin from Regnery Publishing Inc. in the top 10 of the hardcover nonfiction bestseller list; List of bestsellers.