As Gas Prices Rise, Will Books Follow?
- European publishers to debate fixed prices. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Europe continues to be torn by the issue of fixed prices on books. The resolution of the matter by the European Commission in Brussels; An International conference in January 1998 when British and Continental book traders will debate the issue; Other points that will be discussed...
- BOOKSTORE BARGAINS:. // Philadelphia Gay News;8/23/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p1
A photograph of passersby checking out Giovanni's Room's Summer Sidewalk Sale in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on August 17, 2013 is presented.
- The impossible business. Auletta, Ken // New Yorker;10/06/97, Vol. 73 Issue 30, p50
Reports on the decline in book sales of the publishing industry in the United States. Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.'s cancellation of authors' contracts; Costs of book production; Shift of orders placed from the shops to the central office; Effect of Internet and other alternative technology on...
- Fall Book Sales. // Tennessee Tribune;9/30/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p7A
The article offers information on the book sales to be held on October 2, 2010 at Inglewood Branch Library in Tennessee.
- Check out the Budafest Book Sale. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/23/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 33, p1C
The article offers information about the 2011 Budafest Book Sale to be held from December 1-4, 2011.
- Check it out. Lockett, Neva; Nelson, Pam // Free Press (Buda, TX);4/23/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p1B
The article offers information on the Spring Book Sale at Buda Library on April 26-27, 2008 in Texas.
- The cost of reading. Dalrymple, Theodore // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;5/22/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7756, p1143
In this article, the author reflects on the increasing costs of books.
- Recession Holds Down Price Hikes; Book Prices Follow Suit. Selsky, Deborah // Library Journal;Dec1991, Vol. 116 Issue 21, p52
Presents an overview of the bookselling market and book prices in the U.S. for the year 1991. Consumer price forecasts; Factors influencing book prices; Implications for the publishing sector.
- Book Sales Increase 5.5% In 2002, Top $26 Billion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 10, p9
Provides information on book sales in the U.S. in 2002, according to the Association of American Publishers. Comparison of books sales in 2001 and 2002; Reason behind a discrepancy between publishers' sales and bookstore sales figures; Details on the sales performance of several book trade...