TAX ADMINISTRATION: Data on the Effects of the Economic Stimulus Program on the Internal Revenue Service's Telephone Service and Costs
- Wrong number: IRS's interactive phone systems. // Practical Accountant;Nov98, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p67
Reports on the need for the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to rethink its plan for the Telephone Routing Interactive System and the role of interactive applications according to the General Accounting Office. Minimal effect of the system in improving taxpayers' access to IRS...
- IRS Telephone Assistance: Quality of Service Mixed in the 2000 Filing Season and Below IRS' Long-Term Goal: GAO-01-189. // GAO Reports;4/6/2001, p1
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) must significantly improve telephone assistance if it is to meet its long-term goal of providing world-class customer service to the tens of millions of taxpayers who call. Although IRS has tried to analyze its performance and identify ways to improve, these...
- IRS Services and Information. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2006, p403
The article presents information on services provided by the U.S. internal revenue Service (IRS). The IRS provides videotaped instructions both in English and in Spanish at participating libraries. Many IRS publications and tax forms, including instructions, are also printed in Spanish. The IRS...
- IRS now has a hot-line for plan terminations. // Banking;Feb78, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p72
Deals with the telephone hotline established by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for terminating qualified benefit plans among banks.
- IRS to customers: Pay excise taxes on VPNs. Toth, Victor J. // Business Communications Review;Aug95, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p24
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has issued a ruling that customers of virtual private networks (VPN) are not entitled to any exemptions from excise tax. Characteristics which distinguish VPNs from ordinary taxable toll services; Reasoning behind the ruling.
- Standard Mileage Rates for 2013. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;1/9/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p4
The article presents standard mileage rates for 2013 as declared by the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. that would help in calculating the deductible costs of operating an automobile for business, charitable or medical purposes.
- IRS releases new regulations on repairing, replacing equipment. Battersby, Mark E. // Primary Care Optometry News;Jun2012, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released its expanded regulations to determine whether certain expenditures by optometric professionals and practices are deductible as repair expenses or must be capitalized and deducted under business asset.
- MODELING THE IRS TELEPHONE TAXPAYER INFORMATION SYSTEM. Harris, Carl M.; Hoffman, Karla L.; Saunders, Patsy B. // Operations Research;Jul/Aug87, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p504
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) toll-free, nationwide telephone system provides prompt tax-information assistance. In 1986, the IRS processed 37.8 million calls from taxpayers at 32 answering sites. This paper documents a critical review of the IRS approach to allocating its staff and...
- Electronic tax filing growing in popularity. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p20
Reports on the increasing popularity of electronic tax filing in the United States. US Internal Revenue Service's campaign to boost electronic filing either on the phone or over the Internet; Benefits of electronic filing; Expected electronic filing for the 1999 filing season.