PEOPLE AND POSTS
- THE ALCHEMY OF CAREER CHANGES. Sager, Leon B.; Kipling, Richard E. // Business Horizons;Aug80, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on the impact of career changes on the personal and professional lives of people. Deterioration of employment satisfaction; Attitudes of corporations toward employees; Growth of resistance of employees to managerial authoritarianism.
- How do I start in L&D aged 50? Mills, Corinne; Waddicor, Julie; Deeprose, Pau; // People Management;Mar2012, p70
The article presents a question about making a career change from the pharmaceutical industry into personnel management's learning and development sector and answers from executives Corinne Mills, Julie Waddicor, and Paul Deeprose.
- HR pros: Seeking greener pastures? // HR Specialist;Nov2015, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the survey conducted by the professional organization Society for Human Resource Management which investigates the insights of human resource professionals regarding the issue of job change and mentions an overview of the survey.
- When your boss won't let you go. Krauss, Kat // Inside Tucson Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p21
Answers a question about how an employee can ease the transition from an old job to a new one. Reluctance of the employee's superior to let him go; Need for the employee to explain to the superior how important the job move is to him.
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;6/3/2008, p34
The article announces several appointments of executives including the appointment of Inji Duducu as human resource (HR) director at life assistance providers CPR Inc., the appointment of Carl Smith as head of HR at the company Novotel London West, and the appointment of Rachel Broome as head of...
- Climbing the career ladder from training to head of HR. Smith, Cad // Training & Coaching Today;Jul/Aug2008, p15
An interview with Carl Smith, head of human resources (HR) at Novotel London West, is presented. He explains how his background in training can be applied to his current position. He discusses the staff development area he is addressing in the company. He talks about his career in training and...
- KEEPING POSTED. // Saturday Evening Post;5/10/1947, Vol. 219 Issue 45, p10
Career developments involving writers in the U.S. are discussed. William Hazlett Upson has written short stories about Botts, which have entertained so many readers. Irving Wallace writes about that evergreen traveler Burton Holmes in the Great Globe Trotter. Charles Ellsworth writes short...
- Brand: You. Arruda, William // T+D;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p58
Businesses are in a constant state of reorganization in response to the rapidly changing demands of the market. That changes the way a worker or supplier must behave. They need to differentiate themselves and build demand for their services in their target markets. The way they can achieve that...
- People in the News. // Contract Management;Apr2006, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p74
The article reports on career developments of executives in the field of contract management in the U.S. Elliott B. Branch is appointed executive director for the Senior Executive Service for contracts to Naval Sea Systems Command. Wendy Estela and Gary Dilk, from the Central CT chapter, have...