Make motivating factors work in your favour
- Understanding the Preferences of Creative & Non-creative Employees. Gupta, Bindu // Indian Journal of Industrial Relations;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p289
More than ever, today, organizations are pressured to innovate and adapt. Highly creative employees are the building block for developing novel ideas and producing useful products and effective procedures as well as their implementation. Organizations need to focus on attracting and motivating...
- The Lost Key to Retention Starts With How You Take Care of Your Staff. Harris, Amanda // Club Industry;Dec2009, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p20
No abstract available.
- Emotional Capital Eight ways leaders can save for a rainy day. Studer, Quint // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Jan2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p13
The article discusses ways on how business leaders can implement employee retention. It suggests that leaders must determine employee satisfaction and act on the results. It indicates that companies must reward employees who are doing the right thing and apply her practices throughout the...
- Nine Steps to Improving Employee Satisfaction. Goughnour, Roberta C. // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2001, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p32
Provides insights on how to improve employee satisfaction through positive employee motivation and retention strategies. Notion of disgruntled employee; Financial costs of employment; Management programs for building corporate value; Techniques to improve employees' productivity.
- Retention Management. Pabla, M. S. // Advances in Management;Dec2010, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p5
The author reflects on the challenges of companies on employee retention. He believes that personnel management involves respect and recognition for employees, friendly supervision, good compensation, and opportunities for growth of employees. He presents the benefits of employee retention...
- Creating the Future by Engaging Employees. Hammond, Bill // Electroindustry;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4
The article presents the author's views on employee engagement. He states that emotional and intellectual attachment of employees to the organization is must for company's growth. However, its not an easy task to keep employees fully devoted to the company. For attaining full dedication of...
- How employee turnover can turn your practice under. Baum, Neil H. // Urology Times;11/1/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p36
This article discusses some techniques in preventing employee turnover. Surveys consistently show that majority of people who quit do so because they feel they were not appreciated for their contributions. In improving employee satisfaction, it was suggested to reward employees based on merit...
- Strategy clinic. Trevor-Roper, Charles // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/23/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4490, p27
The article offers tips on training and retaining employees. Staff leave a business because they are not motivated and not appreciated in their work. If an employee is happy, and feels rewarded in the work they do, they will not leave. Managers need to look at the way they manage and motivate...
- Identify Employees Job-Related Needs. Levoy, Bob // Podiatry Management;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p33
Offers strategic guidelines for identifying the job-related needs of employees in order to motivate them and make their jobs satisfying. List of job-related needs which might be important in motivating employees; Differences in the needs of employees; Ways to learn employees' job-related needs.