- Avoiding 'bad dinner guests': how to find the right consultant. Warter, Rick // ColoradoBiz;Jun2007, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p12
The author reflects on how executives can select the best consultants for their business. According to the author, there are business consultants who behave like a bad dinner guest, in which they are putting the business to further risk. He discusses the smart ways on how to select the best...
- Risk Managers Pack Punch Despite Modestly-Sized Staffs. Friedman, Sam // National Underwriter / P&C;4/18/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 15, p16
Reports that U.S. firms get plenty of bang for their buck when it comes to their risk management departments, which remain modestly-staffed on average regardless of the size of the firm. Key contributions of risk managers to their firms' bottom line; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Kieras named Taubman's senior VP of development. Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;7/12/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p2
Taubman Centers Inc. named Steve Kieras a new senior vice president of development. He most recently was group vice president, development. He succeeds John Simon, who is retiring. John Simon has agreed to serve as a consultant until December 2006.
- Using Consultants. Senior, Peter // New Zealand Management;Jun2004, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p64
Offers advice on the selection of business consultants for companies in New Zealand. Myths about consultants; Selection of business consultants from the international sector; Preparations for the selection process.
- Who's in control of financial controls anyway? Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;11/14/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p14
The article focuses on risk managers. Risk managers who decide they want some say in their organization's internal financial controls should expect to hear some dissent. The risk of setting off a turf war can be minimized if risk managers signal from the outset that they have no intention of...
- Newsmakers. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/4/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p26
The article reports on developments related to executives of business enterprises in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Stuart G. Marcus was appointed chairman of oncology at St. Vincent's Medical Center. Philip K. Shaner was appointed director of marketing and sales at marketing firm, Karen Morstad...
- THE DIAGNOSTICIANS. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Apr67, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the role of business consultants as a diagnostician of management problems. Responsibilities of the manager to identify the basic management problems; Actions taken by companies to improve its internal management; Advantages that a consultant may bring to the management of an enterprise.
- ON THE CAMPAIGN COUCHâ€¦ WITH JB. // Campaign (UK);8/12/2005, Issue 33, p19
Presents a consultant Jeremy Bullmore's response on questions related to agencies. Views that agencies' insistence on anonymous attribution is prompted by many different motives; Lack of internal opportunities in an agency due to the partiality shown by the senior management team.
- Management Services A Return to Relevance. Wally, B. H. // Management Services;Feb1984, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p14
It seems curious that within the continuing debate about reasons for the decline of industries in Great Britain and ways in which it might be regenerated, part at least of the discussion has not centred around the role of internal consultants or management services departments. After all, the...