HOW TO…help women return to work
- Early Returns To Work Add Value. Crabb, Gregory // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/25/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 34, p26
Looks into the cost reduction effects brought about by the implementation of return-to-work programs by companies in the U.S. Need for employees to return to work as soon as medically appropriate; Benefits of the program to the workers; Reason for the lack of implementation of the program by...
- Return of the stay-at-home parents. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Apr2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p15
The article discusses the growth in career reentry from co-founder Carol Fishman Cohen of iRelaunch, a career reentry strategy firm, and the return to work programs from the Goldman Sachs financial firm and Sara Lee foods corporation.
- Correction. // National Mortgage News;3/11/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p1
A correction to the article "Fifth Third Signs a Multiyear Re-employment Program" that was published in the February 18, 2013 issue is presented.
- POTENTIAL LEGAL CONFLICTS FOR Return-to-Work Programs. Adams, Shawn // Risk Management (00355593);Nov2004, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p40
This article potential legal conflicts for return-to-work programs in the U.S. Of primary concern to those in risk management, safety management and human resources are the conflicts that can occur when workers are brought back to modified duty, which, while permissible under most state workers'...
- Avoid these 3 common problems with RTW. // Occupational Health Management;Sep2011, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p99
The article offers information on the three common problems being encountered with return-to-work (RTW) programs. It mentions that many physicians are not willing to release injured employees back to work for they are concerned with injuries and problems that might occur following their return...
- Labor Intensive. Hansen, Kirk; Price, Daniel G.; Hall, Rebekah A. // Waste Age;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p22
Provides suggestions on how to tailor a return-to-work program in a company, that provide injured workers the support and assistance they need to return to work as soon as medically possible. Features of a good program; Benefits of return-to-work programs; Psychological effects of injuries.
- RETURN TO WORK INFLUENCED BY VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION IN A MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM. Rozman, Sanja // Sigurnost;2009, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p313
In the Institute for Rehabilitation of Ljubljana (IRRS), Slovenia's national centre for rehabilitation, complex rehabilitation is organized as cooperation of medical rehabilitation teams and vocational rehabilitation teams. This article describes the cooperation between the medical and...
- Utvidet egenmelding - en vei mot riktigere sykefravÃ¦r? Fleten, Nils; Krane, Line; Johnsen, Roar // Norsk Epidemiologi;2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p223
Background: Knowledge on the consequences of extended self-certification for sickness absence is sparse. This study examines changes in short term sickness absence due to comprehensive extension in the selfcertification scheme. Aim: To explore any effect on short term sick leave by introducing...
- Workplace Interventions for Workers with Musculoskeletal Disabilities: A Descriptive Review of Content. Durand, M. J.; Vézina, N.; Loisel, P.; Baril, R.; Richard, M. C.; Diallo, B. // Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation;Mar2007, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p123
Background: Despite the convergence of scientific data to the effect that interventions in the workplace promote a healthy return to work, the interventions carried out in the real work environment appear to be very heterogeneous and ill-defined. Objective: The goal of this review is to identify...