- UNIVERSITIES & OTHER INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING. // Journal of Law & Education;Jan2009, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p171
The article discusses several cases concerning higher education decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2008. In the first case, an assistant professor at a nursing school sued the university claiming breach of employment contract. In the second case, a professor brought a suit against a college...
- Compensatory awards made by a tribunal will be subject to taxation. Mackay, Annabel; Johnson, Adam // Employers Law;Sep2010, p7
The article discusses the case of Yorkshire Housing Ltd. (YHL) v. Mrs. Cuerden concerning an appeal against the employment tribunal's award of compensation to Cuerden following her successful claims for disability discrimination, unfair dismissal and breach contract. YHL disputed that payments...
- Case of the week. McMullen, John // Personnel Today;4/10/2007, p23
The article presents information on the legal case, Mezey v South West London & St. George's Mental Health NHS Trust , EWHC 62. Mezey was a consultant psychiatrist. One of her patients murdered someone. The trust decided to suspend Mezey with full pay from all her clinical research and...
- Hasan v Shell International Shipping Services (PTE) Ltd and others. Window, Neil; Marsh, Heather; Mather, Carly; Rintoul, David; Barker, Catherine // Employers Law;Apr2014, p8
The article discusses the court case Hasan v. Shell International Shipping Services (PTE) Ltd. and others related to the jurisdiction of a court to hear claims such as breach of contract, discrimination, and unfair dismissal.
- Can worker covered under ADA be required to work overtime? // Legal Alert for Supervisors;1/20/2012, Vol. 7 Issue 160, p1
The article discusses the court case, EEOC v. AT&T Mobility Services, where the complainant sued her company under the grounds of the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) upon failure of the company to accommodate her for an alternative employment upon her health condition.
- High Court Weighs Dallas Coach's Race-Bias Claims. Mirga, Tom // Education Week;4/5/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p14
The article reports on the case of a white football coach in Dallas, Texas who was removed from his job at the urging of his high school's black principal. The lawyer for the coach told the U.S. Supreme Court that his client does not have to prove that the school system has a policy of...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Dec2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p3
The article discusses two court cases wherein the first case was about a worker who filed too late for alleged discrimination or harassment by employer and the second which was about an employee who claimed she got terminated for no reason which later the employer proved wrong and won the case.
- New hire's skills and pay top ex-employee's? Justify based on business needs. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Feb2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses the case of a male African-American assistant general manager of a grocery store named Wilbert Francis which sued his employers on the basis that he was terminated because of his race and national origin.
- Poor performer? Give examples during review. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;May2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the court case Bhat v. Accenture that involves allegations of various forms of discrimination.