Flexible working is no big deal -- but the risk of discrimination is
- Changes to Vic EO Act. // Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower & Winemaker;2008, Issue 537, p137
The article reports on the changes to the Victoria Equal Opportunity Act, which is intended to protect working parents and carers from discrimination when trying to balance their work and family responsibilities. According to VECCI head of workplace relations, David Gregory, employers are now...
- Asking for trouble? // Employers Law;Feb2007, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to the legal aspects of recruitment and job advertisements in Great Britain. Inquiries about discrimination issues resulting from the specification of minimum number of years of relevant work experience and age of job applicants in print...
- When is a progressive condition a disability? Moss, James // Personnel Today;6/25/2002, p16
Discusses the meaning of progressive conditions under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1995 in Great Britain. Provisions of the law; Importance of medical evidence in DDA cases; Plan of the government to amend the definition of disability.
- in brief. // Employers Law;Apr2003, p9
Presents news briefs related to employment laws in Great Britain as of April 2003. Argument on the case of Dudley Bower Building Services versus Lowe and Others; Need to correctly identify comparators in sex and race discrimination cases.
- From the Editor. Rudin, Joel P. // Journal of Workplace Rights;Jul2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p221
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Anna Pollert on labor injustice among low-paid non-unionized employees in Great Britain and one by Sonia Ghumman on the religious discrimination among non-Christians employees.
- "Lifestyle" Discrimination in Employment. Sugarman, Stephen D. // Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law;2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p377
Discusses instances when employers make decisions based on conduct of employees outside the work environment. Dismissal of a football coach for his entertainment of strippers; Termination of a reporter for his comments about the war in Iraq during his spare time; Punishment of an employee for...
- How the law protects you. Exten-Wright, Jonathan // Food Manufacture;Apr99, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p2
Takes a look at how the law protects both applicants and employees' access to promotion and benefits in Great Britain. Three types of discrimination; Incorporation of the European Convention on Human Rights into the domestic legislation; Need for employers to approach hiring, transfers and...
- Labor Law in the Making. // Labor Law Journal;May53, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p361
Discusses the provisions of several labor laws and policies in the U.S. Policies concerning the importation of Mexican farm laborers; Elimination of certain practices of discrimination in employment; Fair employment practices; Prohibition on the employment of women of minors.
- LABOR LAW. Helldorfer, Bernard G. // Business Lawyer;Feb88, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p798
Presents articles on labor law. 'Free Exercise Exemption and Religious Institutions: The Case of Employment Discrimination'; 'Interpreting Section 4(f)(2) of the ADEA: Does Anyone Have a Plan?'; 'RICO and Employment Law.'