Exploitation allegations create Domino's effect
- Domino's staff enjoy extra toppings. // Employee Benefits;Oct2009, p27
The article presents a case study of Domino's Pizza Inc. Voluntary benefits scheme is offered by the company to its staff. According to Jane Roberts, Human Resources (HR) director at Domino' Pizza, voluntary benefits motivates its employees as the firm witnesses an increase in use of its Perks...
- Tread carefully when factoring employee travel expenses into pay calculations. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;2009, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p3
The article presents a report which focuses on the issue of payroll deductions law on travel expenses paid by employees. It examines the case of several delivery drivers in Minnesota who sued the firm Domino's Pizza Inc. alleging that they paid more than $50 per pay period in travel expenses to...
- Domino's HR shake-up after fresh claims of exploitation. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/4/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4496, p10
The article reports on the plan of Domino's Pizza to reorganize its human resource (HR) and communications processes following allegations of staff exploitation. In July 2007, Hungarian staff at one of Domino's branches in Derby contacted the Unite union claiming they had been left in poverty...
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Dec2014, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p5
The article presents answers to questions on labor management including the legal risk associated if an employee wants to earn less and the possible liability involved if automatic payroll deductions will be made for employees' lunch breaks.
- SLIM PICKINGS. Syedain, Hashi // People Management;9/10/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p18
The article discusses the issues faced by migrant workers in the food chain, construction and care work and hospitality sectors such as fewer rights and lower pay, unexpected wage deductions and gangmasters in Great Britain. Several organizations set up to investigate the exploitation of the...
- Exploiting Chinese Migrant Workers in Israel. Krauss, Leah // World & I;Dec2004, Vol. 19 Issue 12, pN.PAG
Focuses on the issue of exploitation of Chinese migrant workers in Israel. Function of the non-profit organization worker's Hotline located in Tel Aviv; Reason for migrant workers to choose risking their lives in Israel than to be deported to China; Objective behind the creation of the Israeli...
- German meat processing sector hit by 'slave labour' allegations. // Grocer;6/29/2013, p36
The article reports on the scandal that hit the German meat processing industry, particularly on the allegation of labour exploitation by 24 companies, which were accused of underpaying their migrant workers.
- Can an employer ask for criminal records? Cawyer, Russel // Fort Worth Business Press;06/16/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p18
Answers questions relating to personnel management in the United States. Circumstances under which employers may use applicants' conviction records in making hiring decisions; Suggestion that employers do not deduct cash register shortages from the employee's paycheck.
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management including whether to put ban on wearing a bracelet with the words "American Atheist" in a workplace and whether to deduct salary of an exempt employee for being absent for a day.