High-resolution narrow band imaging endoscopy
- Health and your digestive tract. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/18/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 20, pS19
The article presents information on utilization of several endoscopic tools, new techniques and therapies to improve the digestive tract. Gastroenterologist Stephen K. Heier is expert in endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS), which uses sound waves to examine tissues, providing finer details than CT...
- Acid in the Duodenum. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2004, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p821
Acid in the duodenum triggers many physiological responses. Also, acid in the duodenum elicits hyperalgesia of the foregut. In the article by Hobsonet al. in this issue the reduction of the latencies in evoked potential in response to electrical stimulation of the esophagus after duodenal...
- Clinical Outcomes Associated with Treatment Modalities for Gastrointestinal Bezoars. So-Eun Park; Ji Yong Ahn; Hwoon-Yong Jung; Shin Na; Se Jeong Park; Hyun Lim; Kwi-Sook Choi; Jeong Hoon Lee; Do Hoon Kim; Kee Don Choi; Ho June Song; Gin Hyug Lee; Jin-Ho Kim // Gut & Liver;Jul2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p400
Background/Aims: With technical and instrumental advances, the endoscopic removal of bezoars is now more common than conventional surgical removal. We investigated the clinical outcomes in a patient cohort with gastrointestinal bezoars removed using different treatment modalities. Methods:...
- Contourlet-Based Features for Computerized Tumor Detection in Capsule Endoscopy Images. Li, Baopu; Meng, Max // Annals of Biomedical Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p2891
This article presents a computer-aided detection system for capsule endoscopy (CE) images using contourlet-based color textural features to recognize tumors in the digestive tract. As tumor exhibits rich information in color texture, a novel color texture feature based on contourlet transform is...
- Standard endoscopy with random biopsies versus narrow band imaging targeted biopsies in Barrett's oesophagus: a prospective, international, randomised controlled trial. Sharma, Prateek; Hawes, Robert H.; Bansal, Ajay; Gupta, Neil; Curvers, Wouter; Rastogi, Amit; Singh, Mandeep; Hall, Matt; Mathur, Sharad C.; Wani, Sachin B.; Hoffman, Brenda; Gaddam, Srinivas; Fockens, Paul; Bergman, Jacques J. // Gut;Jan2013, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p15
Background White light endoscopy with random biopsies is the standard for detection of intestinal metaplasia (IM) and neoplasia in patients with Barrett's oesophagus (BO). Narrow band imaging (NBI) highlights surface patterns that correlate with IM and neoplasia in BO. Objective To compare...
- alimentary. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p77
An encyclopedia entry for "alimentary," which refers to food, nutrition, or the digestive tract is presented.
- Differentiation of gastric ulcers with MDCT. Chiao-Yun Chen; Twei-Shiun Jaw; Yu-Ting Kuo; Jui-Sheng Hsu; Gin-ChungLiu // Abdominal Imaging;Nov2007, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p688
It is important to differentiate malignant from benign gastric ulcers (GUs) because the early detection of malignancy offers the best prognosis and is essential for planning optimal therapy. However, the differential diagnosis between a malignant and benign gastric ulcer is sometimes difficult,...
- aÂ·nus. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p19
A definition of the term "anus" is presented. It refers to the opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal through which solid waste is excreted.
- eÂ·sophÂ·aÂ·gus. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p120
A definition of the term "esophagus" is presented. It refers to the tube of the digestive tract through which food passes from the throat to the stomach.