Unusual angiographic findings of lower gastrointestinal bleeding
- Can the colour of per-rectal bleeding estimate the risk of lower gastrointestinal bleeding caused by malignant lesion? Lai, Pui-Yan; Chan, Kin-Wai; Luk, Wan; Wong, Carlos; Meng, William // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Feb2016, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p335
Purpose: To estimate the risk of lower gastrointestinal bleeding (LGIB) caused by malignant lesion in patients presenting with per-rectal bleeding (PRB), by using visual aid as an objective measurement of PRB colour. Methods: This was a prospective observational study on patients presented with...
- Ã‡ocuklarda sindirim sisteminden nadir kanama nedeni: Piyojenik granÃ¼lom. İnce, Hülya; Kayacık, Özlem Eroğlu; Kalaycı, Ayhan G.; Barış, Y. Sancar // Turkish Pediatrics Archive / Turk Pediatri Arsivi;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p146
Pyogenic granuloma is a polypoidous shaped capillary hemangioma. It is oftenly observed in the skin, but also can be found on nasal or oral mucosa. Pyogenic granulomas that are accepted as benign granulomas are rarely observed in the gastrointestinal tract. Reported cases of gastrointestinal...
- The String Test for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding--A New, Plastic Look. Johnson, Charles F. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov67, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p1115
Editorial. Comments on the modification of the fluorescein string test for localization of upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Principle behind the procedure; Advantages over other methods; Important factors in the care of bleeding patients.
- Replaced middle colic artery originating from the coeliac trunk. Maleux, Geert; Van Geet, Christel // Pediatric Radiology;Dec2010, Vol. 40, p121
The article offers information on a medical case involving a 12-year-old girl with a history of neonatal repair of lumbosacral meningomyelocoele, who underwent to catheter visceral angiography to examine her irregular lower gastrointestinal haemorrhage.
- Colonoscopy: The initial test for acute lower gastrointestinal bleeding. Chaudhry, Vivek; Hyser, Matthew J.; Gracias, Vincente H.; Gau, Frederick C. // American Surgeon;Aug1998, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p723
Reports on the results of a study on the use of emergency colonoscopy for acute lower gastrointestinal (LGI) bleeding. Characteristics of LGI bleeding; Performance of the procedure called unprepped colonoscopy by surgical endoscopists relying on the cathartic effect of blood and liberal...
- Video of the Month. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2014, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p1139
An internet video which shows the angiographic appearance of gastric variceal hemorrhage is presented.
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding with a difficult endoscopy. Chen, Y.-Y.; Yen, H.-H.; Soon, M.-S. // Gut;Nov2007, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p1528
A quiz concerning the diagnosis for upper gastrointestinal bleeding through endoscopy is presented.
- Hemorragia digestiva alta secundaria a lesion de Dieulafoy. Rivera, Daysi Beatriz; Martínez, Julián David; Garzón, Martín; Rey, Mario H.; Pinto, Renzo; Lizarazo, Jorge; Marulanda, Juan; Molano, Juan // Revista Ciencias de la Salud;Dec2012, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p421
One patient with massive upper GI bleeding due to Dieulafoy vascular lesion treated at our institution is reported. In this case, adequate control of bleeding could not be achieved by endoscopic methods, and selective arteriography and embolization was required. A review of this uncommon cause...
- ROCK ALL SCORE IN NONVARICEAL UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL BLEEDING (NVUGIB): A PREDICTOR OF IN-HOSPITAL REBLEEDING. Shafaghi, Afshin; Mansour-Ghanaei, Fariborz; Mohtasham, Mahsa; Joukar, Farahnaz; Mavaddati, Sara; Jahromi, Sina Khajeh // Indian Journal of Medical Research & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Oct2016, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p15
Introduction: Although the Rockall scoring system is designed to predict morbidity, mortality and bleeding in patients, the accuracy and validity of these indicators had not been reviewed among the patients of the north of Iran, Guilan. The aim of this study was to evaluate the Rockall scoring...