A prospective national study of acute fatty liver of pregnancy in the UK
- ACUTE FATTY LIVER OF PREGNANCY: IS IT GENETICALLY PREDETERMINED? Batey, Robert G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1996, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p2262
Discusses the development of acute fatty liver as a complication of the third trimester of pregnancy. Facts about acute fatty liver of pregnancy (AFLP); Difference between cholestasis and the pathogenesis of AFLP; Kinds of abnormalities associated with AFLP.
- Pregnancy-Related Liver Disorders. Goel, Ashish; Jamwal, Kapil D.; Ramachandrany, Anup; Balasubramaniany, Kunissery A.; Eapen, Chundamannil E. // Experimental & Clinical Hepatology;Jun2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p151
Pregnancy-related liver disorders accounted for 8% of all maternal deaths at our center from 1999 to 2011. Of the three pregnancy-related liver disorders (acute fatty liver of pregnancy (AFLP), HELLP (Hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets) syndrome and pre-eclamptic liver dysfunction,...
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Angulo, Paul // New England Journal of Medicine;4/18/2002, Vol. 346 Issue 16, p1221
Presents information on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Description of the disease; Symptoms, including obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus; Prevalence of the disease; Way that the disease manifests itself; How the disease is diagnosed.
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Saudi Patients with T2DM in Jazan Region: Prevalence and Associated Factors. Elmakki, Erwa; Aqeely, Hussein; Bani, Ibrahim; Omer, Husam; Solan, Yahya; Taher, Asim; Hadi, Talal; Mohammed, Musa; Abdalla, Saif Elden; Mahfouz, Mohammed S.; Tsan Yang // British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research;2015, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p878
Backgrounds: Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has become one of the major health problems world widely, especially among communities with sedentary lifestyle. The main objectives of this study were to know the prevalence of NAFLD among Saudi patients with T2DM in Jazan region and to...
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in Japanese patients. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Apr2010 Primary Care Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses research on the histological course of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in Japanese patients, which references a study by E. Hamaguchi and colleagues published in a 2010 issue of "Diabetes Care."
- Liver Disease in Pregnancy. Knox, Tamsin A.; Olans, Lori B. // New England Journal of Medicine;8/22/96, Vol. 335 Issue 8, p569
Focuses on several aspects of liver disease, which can be a rare complication of pregnancy. Acute fatty-liver pregnancy; Normal physiologic changes of pregnancy that can mimic abnormalities associated with liver disease; Common symptoms associated with liver disease during pregnancy; Cholestatic...
- Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy. Riely, Caroline A.; Latham, Patricia S.; Romero, Roberto; Duffy, Thomas P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May87, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p703
Describes the cases of patients diagnosed with acute fatty liver of pregnancy. Characteristics of patients; Histologic findings in the patients; Complications of acute fatty liver of pregnancy.
- Therapeutic effect of osthole on hyperlipidemic fatty liver in rats. Yan Zhang; Mei-lin Xie; Lu-jia Zhu; Zhen-lun Gu // Acta Pharmacologica Sinica;Mar2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p398
Aim: To study the effects of osthole on hyperlipidemic fatty liver and investigate the possible mechanisms. Methods: A rat model with hyperlipidemic fatty liver was successfully established by feeding fatty milk for 6 weeks. The experimental rats were then treated with 5-20 mg/kg osthole for 6...
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Children. Dimitrios, Papandreou; Israel, Rousso; Ioannis, Mavromichalis // Current Nutrition & Food Science;2007, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p141
The aim of this review is to summarize what is known about pediatric non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in terms of prevalence, pathogenesis, diagnosis, histology and treatment. NAFLD is increasingly recognized as a major health burden in obese children. NAFLD is a spectrum, ranging from...