Tags: POLITICAL candidates
- 'WE THE APPOINTEES.'. Ballard, Tanya N. // Government Executive;Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p15
Focuses on the report 'Nominee's Bill of Rights,' a product of the Presidential Appointees Initiative. Signing of the report by former presidential appointees in the United States; Recommendations on improving the appointment process; Guidelines for streamlining financial disclosure...
- NEWS FLASH! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Sep2004, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p2
Presents an overview of the ideas of U.S. political candidates on health care, education and environment.
- The race for Congress: A business perspective. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/28/96, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p10
Editorial. Offers Crain's endorsements of candidates for the 1996 United States House of Representatives. Candidates suggested by Crain include Representative Bobby Rush, Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. and others; Information on each candidate.
- Candidates Promise What Voters Expect. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p4
Focuses on the promises of political candidates in Michigan. Philosophy of the tax shift; Investments in venture capital.
- Play fantasy politics. // New Statesman;04/18/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4330, p24
Presents the selected political candidates of Alex Holmes of King's College, Cambridge to govern Great Britain. Politician garnering big sympathy vote; Margaret Becket's comeback in the campaign; Prime Minister post for Eddie Grundy; Seat at the Social Security for Paddy Ashdown.
- Views from elsewhere. // New Statesman;04/25/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4331, p20
Presents the remarks by four journalists on the political candidates and elections in Great Britain in May 1997. Support for John Major; Question on major differences between Tony Blair and John Major; Tories' link to Margaret Thatcher.
- Remarks at the Dinner for Senetorial Candidate Norm Coleman and Congressional John Kline in Minneapolis. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p1177
Presents the text of the remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 11, 2002 which deals with the senatorial candidacy of Norm Coleman and the congressional candidacy of John Kline.
- Mississippi losers in runoff bow out; special election set. Blake, Aaron // Hill;4/3/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p14
The article reports that Mississippi politicians Glenn McCullough and Steve Holland, who lost in Mississippi's primary for Senator Roger Wicker's former House seat, will not run in the open special election to be held on April 22, 2008, setting up a one-on-one match between Southaven Mayor Greg...
- Republicans turn up heat on Fossella. Allen, Jared // Hill;5/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 57, p6
The article reports on the move of the U.S. House Republican leaders to put pressure on Representative Vito Fossella regarding his candidacy in the primaries.
- KANSAS. Barr, Andy // Hill;5/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 57, p16
The article reports on poll results which states that Representative Jim Ryun is leading against state Treasurer Lynn Jenkins in the Republican primary race in Kansas.