The Nephew Who Came in From the Cold
- Valued at $3 billion , Crompton Greaves up for sale by Avantha Group. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;3/16/2014, p6
The article reports that billionaire Gautam Thapar is selling Indian power transmission and distribution company Crompton Greaves, the said to be largest unit of Thapar's Avantha Group. Topics discussed include the informal selection of financial services company Goldman Sachs as the seller,...
- Crompton Greaves up for sale. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;3/16/2014, p1
The article reports that Crompton Greaves Ltd., an Indian power transmission and distribution company which is part of Avantha Group, was put for sale by billionaire Gautam Thapar, according to two people with knowledge of the matter. It states that the investment banking firm Goldman Sachs &...
- STOCK WATCH. Gupta, Amit Kumar // Money Times;7/21/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p11
The article assesses the stock performance of two Indian companies for 2014. Forecast is offered on the growth and expansion of the capability of business process and customer relationship management company Hinduja Global Solutions Ltd. and increase in its earnings before interest, tax,...
- CG inaugurates ultra-high voltage test centre. // Modern Power Systems;Nov2013, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the inauguration of a 1600 kilo-volt (kV) ultra high voltage research centre by the transformer manufacturer Crompton Greaves Ltd. at its switchgear complex located in Nashik, India as of November 1, 2013.
- Crompton Greaves appoints Khosla as MD for consumer business. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;7/12/2015, p36
The article announces that Shantanu Khosla, former executive at consumer goods company Procter & Gamble, was appointed executive vice president and managing director (MD) of Avantha Group firm Crompton Greaves's (CG) consumer business.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. SPRINGER, RICHARD // India -- West;7/19/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 35, pB8
The article offers business news briefs of the U.S. as of 2013. Chairman Gautam Thapar has inaugurated a plant facility at Avantha Group Co. CG. California-based cloud computing service provider DataTorrent Inc. has raised eight million dollars for a funding by August Capital LLC. San...
- NEC forms joint venture with Indian firm. // RCR;11/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p22
Presents NEC CG Telecom Systems Pvt. Ltd., the planned joint venture of NEC Corp with India-based Crompton Greaves Ltd., a leading electronics and telecommunications systems maker, to commence on December 1997.
- Crompton Greaves to set up IED plant. // Electronics For You;Jan2013, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p135
The article reports on development of an intelligent electronic device (IED) by Crompton Greaves (CG) in Jigani Industrial Area of Bangaluru, including assemble control, relay panels through IED and acquiring substation automation standard.
- Cg bags two orders to set up power substations overseas. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;7/5/2015, p64
The article informs that Avantha Group's Crompton Greaves, an Indian multinational company, will set up power substations in Philippines and Venezuela.