Winning Java's Application Contests
- MOTOROLO UNVEILS MOTODEV DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM FOR PRODUCTS. // CAD/CAM Update;May2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p7
This article presents information on MOTODEV Studio, an integrated platform for third-party application development from Motorola Inc. MOTODEV Studio, which was designed to accelerate the application development life cycle, will support application development across all of Motorola's products...
- Motorola Takes Bigger Swig Of Java. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p23
Highlights the decision of Motorola to get into Java 2 Micro Edition technology. Focus of its announcements; Developments at the company.
- Driver information platform builds on Java code. Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Mar2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on Motorola Inc.'s plan to boost the processing power available in its 'mobileGT' product family. Development of a series of microprocessors based on the PowerPC 603e core; Features of the MGT5100 processor; Importance of Java to the mobileGT platform.
- Java gets serious with RAD. Hanna, Mary // Software Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p77
Focuses on Java RAD (rapid application development), which is an Internet-based process. Advantages of using Java-generating tools; Comments from Dan Moriarty, associate dean for information technology at Harvard Medical School; How the Java application is run; Proponents of the Java...
- The business case for the Java platform. Kara, Dan // Software Magazine;Nov98, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p16
Reports that business managers have been ill-served by the press and analyst communities, both of whom have emphasized the technical advantages of the Java platform, often at the expense of the business benefits the Java language bring to the enterprise. Technical advantages of Java and...
- QUEST'S SQL NAVIGATOR SUPPORTS ORACLE 9I AND JAVA. // Worldwide Databases;Jan2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports the release of SQL Navigator computer software in Irvine, California. Features of the software; Support for industry-standard version control systems; Capability of executing Java commands.
- Latest Trojan horse out of the gate. // America's Network;09/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the online hysteria generated by Brown Orifice, a Java applet, when it hit hacker repository Bugtraq in August 2000. Effect of the program on Sun's Java Developers Kit and Netscape 4.74; Problem with the response time both companies took to address the situation.
- What's up, Javadoc? Gustavson, Ron // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the optimization of Java-powered software applications for reading over the Internet or intranets. Common Ground 4.0 software from Hummingbird Communications Ltd.; WebPublisher from Common Ground; jDoc technology from Net-It Software Corp.
- Java apps stir momentum. Rodriguez, Karen // Inter@ctive Week;01/13/97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p44
Reports that the release of Java Development Kit 1.1 by Sun Microsystems Incorporated is fostering rapid Java application development by tools developers including Borland International Incorporated. Information on Borland's JBuilder; Features of the JBuilder; Comments from William Dunlap,...