City Nightlife In The Spotlight
- Win CE boxes already causing IS grief. Machrone, Bill // PC Week;12/02/96, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p79
Responds to a reader's question concerning the compatibility between hand-held computers using Windows CE and Lotus Notes Mail for desktop personal computers. The risk involved in utilizing new and untested technology for a company's business correspondence.
- Pocket-sized CAD for palm-top PCs. Smart, Matthew // Machine Design;05/17/2001, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p106
Evaluates the computer software PocketCAD PRO used for pocket computers. Computer programs that must be installed by users; Functionality and features of the software; How a software developer can improve the software.
- IOL calculations on the fly. Bethke, Walter // Review of Ophthalmology;Feb2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p37
Features a software program for handheld computers that can make intraocular lens (IOL) calculation, developed by surgeon Michael Hodkin. Hodkin's recollection on what led him to develop the program; Similarity of the software's functions with programs surgeons use on their larger computers;...
- Handheld PCs cause support conundrum. Moore, Mark // PC Week;03/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Informs of the efforts of Compaq Computer Corp. and Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) to offer support for handheld personal computers. Expansion plans for remote access and management of Windows CE-based handhelds; Compaq's Intelligent Manageability software; HP's OpenView for Windows; Features of the...
- Mobileware takes off. Fryer, Bronwyn // PC World;Apr96, Vol. 14 Issue 4, Newtonworld p15
Presents descriptions of various software programs for the Apple Newton 2.0. AvailWorks from Avail Technology; ACT! for Newton from Symantec; Leverage from Balcones Software; Other software programs.
- Sharp WideNote W-100T puts on quite a display. McLaughlin, Laurianne; Mitchell, Gabrielle // PC World;Dec1996, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p78
Evaluates the notebooks WideNote W-100T and WideNote W-100D by Sharp. Pro; Con; Value; List price; Contact point.
- iPass releases PDA solutions. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p26
Reports on global remote Internet access services provider iPass Inc.'s release of its iPassConnect personal digital assistant (PDA) solution, iPassConnect PDA for Palm OS platform and iPassConnect PDA for the Microsoft Windows-powered Pocket PC.
- Start-up eyes wireless needs. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;11/8/99, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p20
Presents information on Internet access software for wireless handheld devices to be unveiled by OpenSky company in November 1999. Integration of the company's software and hardware products; Partnership with AT&T Wireless.
- AccessData launches Mobile Phone Examiner Plus. // KM World;Oct2012, Vol. 21 Issue 9, Special section p3
The article offers brief information on the on the Mobile Phone Examiner Plus (MPE+) from AccessData Corp.