Price Per Minute In Major Cities
- Sprint PCS announces reciprocal rates. // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p2
Announces that the wireless company Sprint PCS and its affiliates agreed to reduce the reciprocal rate exchange for customers who travel into each others networks. Information regarding the rate; Information about the company.
- Fixed-to-mobile call substitution and telephony market definition in Korea. Rhee, Hongjai; Park, Minsoo // Journal of Regulatory Economics;Oct2011, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p198
An appropriate market definition is critical in most antitrust cases. In practice, antitrust authorities define economic markets in a deterministic manner with little concern about the risk involved in defining markets incorrectly. In contrast, this article proposes a probabilistic market...
- Now You're Talking Money. Doebele, Justin // Forbes Global;10/13/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p20
Examines the results of a survey by "Forbes Global" magazine on the places where it is expensive to own a cellular telephone. Top ranking place with the most expensive cellular service; Factors that influence prices in telecommunications; Countries with restrictive service contracts.
- SPRINT FLATTENS PCS. // Telephony;02/10/97, Vol. 232 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the launch of a Chater Subscriber Program by Sprint PCS in Pittburgh, Pennsylvania that offer a flat monthly rate for customers for 800 minutes of air time during the first six months of subscribing. Marketing for cellular users who are hesitant to switch to digital; Business...
- Beat the roaming rip-off. Flynn, David // Australian PC User;Sep2007, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p85
The author offers travel-friendly tips and tricks for Australian cellular telephone users to minimize the cost of international roaming calls. Avoid calling back to Australia, because making a call is ten times expensive than receiving the same call. If making call back home is unavoidable,...
- T-Mobile slashes flat rate for data in UK. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jun2006, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p218
The article reports that T-Mobile International AG will become the first cellular telephone operator in Great Britain to offer flat-rate pricing for data access. It reduced its previous flat rate by more than 50%. T-Mobile's Web'n'Walk Professional tariff is offered for data only. T-Mobile smart...
- Regulating International Roaming Charges: Why Less When More Is Possible? Lescop, Denis // Communications & Strategies;2007 2nd Quarter, Issue 66, p159
The article explores the need to regulate international roaming charges. International roaming services enable consumers to make and receive calls via their cellular telephones while traveling abroad. Average consumers claim that roaming services are too expensive compared to identical domestic...
- If I were President a phone in every stall? Johnson, Ben // National Real Estate Investor;09/01/99, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the proper use of cellular telephones in public places and the importance of keeping connectivity in its place. Advantages of technology.
- Processors out of cell-phone range. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p1
Reports the implications of the disarray in the cellular telephone market. Provision of opportunities and alliances for some global contract manufacturers; Increase in the sales of mobile telephone; Realization of a rapid growth of the market expectations.