- E911 gets thrown into merger debate. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;12/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 25, p8
Details the concerns of Xypoint Corp. over the repercussions several proposed mergers may have on wireless carriers' abilities to comply with E911 regulations in the United States. Letter made by the company to the United States Federal Communications Commission; Opposition of the company to...
- Xypoint seeks role in cellular 911 arena. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;8/05/96, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p9
Reports on Xypoint Corp.'s development of a system that ports location and customer information to public service access points. Benefits of the enhanced 911 solution; Federal Communications Commission's issuance of a three-phase order on enhanced 911.
- TCS adds location intelligence with Xypoint buy. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p7
Reports on the merger between United States telecommunication companies TeleCommunication Systems Inc. and Xypoint Corp.
- TeleCommunications Systems Could Be A Contender. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p8
Reports that network intelligence firm TeleCommunications Systems (TCS) will acquire Xypoint Corp., an enhanced 911 and location services provider in Seattle, Washington. What TCS likes about Xypoint; Functionality that gives the combined companies the ability to offer wireless carriers an...
- Xypoint asks FCC to require E911. // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p7
Reports that Xypoint Corp. has asked the United States Federal Communications Commission to condition the mergers of SBC Communications and Ameritech Corp. and Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. on providing access to wireless E911 service.
- Xypoint E911 solution does not demand HLR. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p31
States that Xypoint Corporation has developed a wireless Enhanced 911 solution which does not require carriers to install a Home Location Register or other expensive hardwave or software in their networks. Comments from Ken Arneson, president and chief executive officer; Description of the...
- Xypoint, Vanguard test paying E911. // RCR;09/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p19
Reports that Xypoint Corporation commenced a commerical trial of its wireless enhanced 911 service in Allentown, Pennsylvania. When the launch was originally planned for; Details on the service.
- Cricket Enhances Phone with the Samsung Comment. // Audiotex Update;Sep2011, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p5
The article offers brief information on Samsung Comment (SCH-r380) mobile phone launched by Cricket Communications Inc. and Samsung Telecommunications America Inc.
- Leap of Faith. Beach, Tarre // Wireless Review;08/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p16
Deals with the launching of the Cricket services of the Leap Wireless. Background information on the Leap Wireless; Information on Cricket's operation; Cost structure of Cricket; Cricket's competition. INSETS: The Big Green Couch;Running the Business.