`Incubator' Nurtures Norwegian Talent
- MobileSpring is new mobile Internet incubator company. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the launching of MobileSpring Inc., a New York City-based business incubator for developing companies that deploy Web-based services to mobile communications devices. Funding sources of the business incubator; List of executives who will comprise MobileSpring's advisory board;...
- MobileSpring gets nine new carrier deals in Latin America. // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the contract signed by text messaging interoperability provider MobileSpring Inc, along with its partner VeriSign Inc., with wireless operators in Latin America and the Caribbean. Significance of the move for the wireless communication industry; Information on the interoperability...
- Logica Launches Global Interconnect Network For SMS. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the two intercarrier messaging solutions aimed at making it possible for wireless subscribers around the globe to send short text messages to each other regardless of their service provider. Solution from Great Britain-based Logica plc; Solution from MobileSpring Inc. under a...
- Virgin Mobile opens text messaging across carriers. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p20
Reports the move of Virgin Mobile USA to open its network to cross-carrier text messaging as of August 26, 2002. Wireless telecommunication companies managed by InphoMatch Inc.; Contribution of MobileSpring to Virgin.
- Text messaging spam nearly non-existent. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p17
Focuses on the concerns on interconnection agreements in the U.S. that could be used to send unsolicited electronic mail messages, or spam. Initiatives of MobileSpring and rival InphoMatch Inc.; Difference of text messaging networks from wireless operators' electronic mail networks; Function of...
- Sprint PCS, eCompanies form wireless incubator. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p31
Focuses on the business incubator formed by Sprint PCS and eCompanies LLC to provide wireless communication services.
- Smart Money Gravitates to Wireless 'Net Startups. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;09/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the funding of wireless Internet incubators and venture funds for wireless Internet ventures. Reason eCompanies Wireless teamed with Sprint PCS; Average amount of investments of Palm Ventures; Value of the funding of Ericsson Ventures Partners.
- Incubators endure. Sanborn, Stephanie // InfoWorld;12/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p36
Points out the lessons learned by Lobby7, a wireless solutions company and Telicor from their incubation experience. What prompted Lobby7 to become involved with an incubator; How I-Group HotBank helped Lobby7 to get started; Why Telicor chose the Redleaf Group to be its incubator.
- MobileSpring, VeriSign plan cross-carrier SMS with Numerex. // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the plan of Numerex to create a cross-carrier messaging system through a contract with MobileSpring Inc. and VeriSign Inc. Other major wireless carriers that made similar moves.