- Teaching Corporate Finance Via Computer Conferencing: An Application for Executive Education. McCue, Michael J.; DeLellis, Anthony J. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p55
Describes the application of computer conferencing in the core Corporate Finance course for the Executive Program in Health Services Administration at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) in Richmond, Virginia. Benefits of the use of computer conferencing; Basic mechanics; Course structure;...
- Video conferencing: LV businesses are in the picture. Yakubik, Paula // Las Vegas Business Press;2/6/95, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p1
Reports on various Las Vegas, Nevada-based corporations' use of video conferencing facilities. Comments from Station Casinos Inc.'s vice president and chief operating officer Joseph Canfora; Danvers, Massachusetts-based Picture Tel's introduction of computer video conferencing system in the area.
- Table for One. Ostendorf, Virginia A. // Satellite Communications;Sep98, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p100
Focuses on the development of technology for desktop video to compete with group video conference systems. Advantages of modern video conferencing; Information about desktop video systems; Common uses of desktop video.
- Talk shows in cyberspace. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // U.S. News & World Report;7/4/94, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p70
Examines how live public conferences that link plain folks to big names, through computer online services like CompuServe, America Online and Prodigy, are giving new meaning to the televised `town meeting.' Similarity of online conferences to talk shows; Need to express oneself via the...
- Communications. Heim, Judy // PCWorld;Dec1994, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p327
Presents a question-answer-advisory on computer communications. Why some online customers pay more; More on separating voice and fax calls.
- Let's get hyperpersonal. Vergoth, Karin // Psychology Today;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p21
Reports on the benefit of computer conferencing for a group of people with different work schedules. Convenience of group members; Expression of disagreement.
- Tune in to IP videoconferencing. Nisenson, Kyle // Network World;09/21/98, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p43
Examines the future prospects of videoconferencing using the Internet protocol (IP), via a computer network. Problems hindering video conferencing; Review of videoconferencing products; Growth in the adoption of videoconferencing by business enterprises. INSETS: Score card;Net results;How we...
- Vision of videoconferencing. Nisenson, Kyle // Network World;09/21/98, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p45
Discusses issues concerning enterprise videoconferencing, via computer networks. Attempts of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) to improve the transmission of video over the Internet; Use of the Internet protocol (IP) in videoconferencing; Factors contributing to the migration...
- Meeting in cyberspace. O'Haver, Tom // World & I;Feb94, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p218
Focuses on the advantages of electronic conferencing. Use of communication technology; Disadvantages of conventional conferencing; Interactive discussion; Synchronous and asynchronous modes of electronic conferencing; Cost-effective advantages of electronic conferencing; Disadvantages of...