Media-trac: Media Spending In Major Cities
- Leave Ivan alone. Schmelling, Sarah // Telephony;04/13/98, Vol. 234 Issue 15, p52
Focuses on the advertising campaign of some telecommunication companies. Remarks from Ameritech's Joan Walker; MCI's alleged negative advertising; Remarks from Jagdish Sheth of Emory University; Effectiveness of comparative advertising.
- How to create successful advertising. Johnson, Nancy Perry // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p42
Explores key aspects in developing successful advertising for telecommunication carriers. Acquisition of adequate knowledge on target customers; Determination of advertising's value; Common mistakes in advertising; Duties as an advertiser. INSET: PRnet..
- Phone wars push AT&T to the top. Endicott, R. Craig // Advertising Age;5/2/94, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p32
Reports on the advertising spending of the telecommunication industry for 1993. Slight gain in network and Sunday magazine spending; 4.7 percent increase in all brand media spending; 27.9 percent increase in the overall media expenditures of AT&T.
- TLD relaunches successful 'Los martes son de TLD' // Caribbean Business;2/27/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p32
Reports on the re-launch of the 'Los martes son de TLD' promotional activity of Puerto Rico-based telecommunications company TLD. Details of the campaign.
- Network sales sizzling. // Adweek Western Edition;9/5/94, Vol. 44 Issue 36, p14
Discusses the increased advertising sales of networks in the United States. Sales statistics; Comments from network insiders.
- Telecom reviews pitches. // Advertising Age;10/4/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 42, p61
Lists the agencies who have applied for Telecom's DeTeMobil net account for Germany. Unknown decision date.
- The best things in life are free. Bernstein, Peter A. // Telephony;4/3/95, Vol. 228 Issue 14, p17
Focuses on the role of telephony in tele-mercialism, the use of multiple communications media to stimulate commerce. Usefulness of party pay services to compel people to buy; Offer of free telephone service; Retailers' exploitation of pre-paid calling cards; Replacement of busy signals and...
- Dollars up for mobile communications group. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the increase in advertising for communication services. New telephone technologies; Refinement of products and services; Implications for communications periodicals.
- Free-spending telcos can only push stakes up. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;9/30/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 40, ps8
Predicts that advertising and marketing budgets of telecommunications carriers will more than double in 1997. Deregulated market as a stimulus; Amount of money the top ten brands in the telecommunications market spent in 1995 on media; The long distance field, which is becoming a hybrid...
- SBC calls $150 mil media review. Snyder, Beth; Sloan, Pat // Advertising Age;9/1/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 35, p1
States that SBC Communications is reviewing its $150 million consolidated media account. The review as following a decision by Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising Worldwide, New York, not to continue with Bell Atlantic after the merger with Nynex; Reasons for Saatchi's not continuing to do the...