An Exiting Assessment
- Are wireless carriers barking up the wrong tree? Mullen, Georgia // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p16
Proposes that traditional wireless communication firms are banking on the wrong service. Errors of traditional companies according to Herschel Shosteck Associates Ltd.; Wireless remote access; Corporate adoption of remote access products.
- 3G networks depend on wireless Internet. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p13
Highlights a study by wireless consulting firm Herschel Shosteck & Associates showing that third-generation wireless networks will rely on wireless Internet access for profitability instead of full motion video and other high-bandwidth applications.
- Shosteck changes company name. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p44
Reports on Herschel Shosteck Associates Ltd.'s renaming to Shosteck Group to reflect the company's global interests.
- Shosteck updates reception study. // RCR;07/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p8
Reports that Herschel Shosteck Associates Limited has revised and expanded its quarterly study entitled `The Perceived Quality of Cellular/PCS Reception.' What the study measures; How study has been expanded; Methodology of study.
- Asian money crisis fuels investment opportunities. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;12/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p11
Reports that the Asian currency crisis has created opportunities for providers of cellular equipment and for global carriers and vendors to invest in under-capitalized regional carriers and distributors. Reference to a report from Herschel Shosteck Associates Limited; Where the fiscal crisis...
- Competing tariff structures. // RCR;07/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p1
Presents statistical information on the cost of accessing digital communication services in the United States, according to the a study conducted by Herschel Shosteck Associates Ltd. Details on the pricing structure of the costs; Findings of the study.
- Report Throws Cold Water On Wireless-LAN Hot Spots. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/14/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p38
Focuses on the criticism on wireless local area networks (WLAN) from Herschel Shosteck Associates. Absence of widely coverage of networks; Competition of public WLAN with free Internet access from other sources; Announcement on the hybrid wireless local area network.
- Technology watch. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Presents a chart which shows the decreasing cost trend in wireless local loop (WLL) systems from 1985-1995. Information on a market study by Herschel Shosteck Associates; Contact information. INSET: The emerging cost-effectiveness of will systems 1985-1995..
- Hacked to the future. Tanner, John C. // America's Network;09/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p54
Looks whether the advent of wireless data will invite hackers to bring their talents to the cellular arena. Stories that emerged involving an apparent prank that caused i-Mode users to dial Japan's emergency police number; Reports that have reignited concerns over the security of digital cell...