AMTA Irks Potential Rivals
- C Block Hits Carving Block. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission is planning to change each 30-Megahertz C-Block frequency spectrum. Reactions from small wireless telecommunication companies; Actions taken by large telecommunication companies.
- Clinton's 3G Pandora's Box. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;11/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p6
Focuses on an October 2000 decree of United States President Bill Clinton to the Federal Communications Commission to hold 3G auctions in internationally-designated spectrum bands. Technological and economic risk involved in 3G; Advantage and disadvantage of more cellular technology.
- AMTA challenges FCC freezing power. // RCR;04/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p8
Reports that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approval has been sought by the American Mobile Telecommunications Association to implement a licensing freeze. Circumstances surrounding the association challenge of the commission's authority; Details on the freezes.
- CAPITOL HILL NEWS. // Wireless Week;06/18/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p38
Presents updates on policies of the United States Federal Communications Commission which affects the wireless communication industry as of June 18, 2001. Approval of the American Mobile Telecommunications Association Inc. to become frequency coordinator; Public comment sought for the waiver...
- Questions Lurk In 24 GHz History. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p20
Reports on the questions that emerge in the upcoming auction of the fixed-wireless licenses at 25 GHz by the United States Federal Communications Commission in 2000. Primary target of the spectrum; Actions taken by Teledisc Corp. that led to the controversy over the band; Proposed license...
- Frequency Faux Pas. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p41
Criticizes the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for its decision to reauction the frequency spectrum licenses of NextWave Telecom. Ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court on FCC decision; Motivation for designing the auction system for distributing spectra licenses; Plan of...
- House Holds FCC To Fire. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
Reports on a spectrum provision which is being opposed by the United States (US) House of Representatives for giving power to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reclaim spectrum licenses held by bankrupt companies. Who would oppose the provision; Solution to the NextWave Personal...
- Testing A Package Deal. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communication Commission's decision to experiment with combinatorial bidding on the 700 MHz spectrum. Response of BellSouth Cellular Corp. to the decision; Actions taken by SBC Wireless Inc.; Reasons for the opposition of Verizon Wireless to the package...
- Combine & Conquer. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p4
Comments on the proposed combinatorial bidding for the 700 MHz broadcast television spectrum of the United States Federal Communications Commission in 2000. Number of combinations from which bidders can choose; Position of the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau on the package deals; Actions...