- Prime properties on sale block. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;12/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p6
Discloses that overlapping wireless markets created by the merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. with GTE Corp. and Bell Atlantic's agreement to merge its assets with those of Vodafone AirTouch plc has resulted to the availability of several wireless markets for acquisition in 2000. United States...
- Changes on the Verizon for wireless users. Lamb, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/21/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p3B
Reports on the changes in the name and logo of Bell Atlantic as a result of the multibillion merger between Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. Change of name into Verizon; Merger of Bell Atlantic's wireless division with Vodafone AirTouch to form Verizon Wireless; Plans for the launching of...
- Only the beginning. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;06/26/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the approval of the merger between Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. by the United States Federal Communications Commission in June 2000. Value of the deal; Services provided by the combined company, Verizon Communications; Annual operating revenue and market capitalization of Verizon.
- Opponents ask the FCC to block new Bell Atlantic-GTE merger. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/07/98-12/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p11
Reports that consumer groups and long-distance companies in the United States want federal regulators to block Bell Atlantic Corporation's proposed takeover of GTE Corporation. Reason behind the consumer groups' and long-distance companies' actions; Value of the merger; Argument of WorldCom and...
- One step closer. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;06/07/99, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p64
Reports on a merger between two telecommunications companies, Bell Atlantic and GTE. Information on the merged company; Other purchases of GTE; Technical hurdles that the two companies should overcome to succeed.
- Competition takes a hit. Greene, Tim; Gittlen, Sandra; Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;08/03/98, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the plans of Bell Atlantic company and GTE company to merge, as it relates to the United States (US) Telecommunications Reform Act of 1996. How the proposed merger will affect the telecommunication carrier industry in US; Concerns about the merger; Assets of the combined companies.
- Merger doubts take toll on Bell Atlantic stock. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;08/03/98, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p4
Reports in August 1998 that there was little activity in Bell Atlantic's stock despite the announcement of a proposed merger with GTE Corp. Doubts surrounding the merger; Growth of Bell Atlantic's earnings; Benefits of a merger for Bell Atlantic; Shareholder opposition to a merger with GTE.
- Access drives another deal. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the merger between GTE Corp. and Bell Atlantic Corp. Terms of the merger; Number of access lines to be created by the merger; Comment by Ivan Seidenberg, chief executive officer of Bell Atlantic; Reaction by Bell companies to the merger; Impact of the merger on GTE's stock.
- Integrating networks will take time. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the importance of GTE and Bell Atlantic's leveraging of their combined infrastructure on the success of their proposed merger. Comment by Ivan Seidenberg, chief executive officer of Bell Atlantic; Features of GTE's fiber network.