Biking-Talking Ban A Bust
- Interoperability 'report card': PSWN grades the progress. Siegle, Derek // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p18
Presents an assessment of the progress in the interoperability of public safety wireless communication systems by the Public Safety Wireless Network (PSWN) in the United States. Areas of public safety wireless systems interoperability that was assessed; Interoperability rankings of several...
- Inside the numbers. Cote, Alan // Bicycling;Nov98, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
Provides information on several changes in bicycle racing rules. History of the rulings.
- Pass the bar exam. Geraci, Ron // Men's Health;Sep98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p48
Discusses some safety precautions in positioning the handlebars of mountain bicycles. Dangers posed by vertical handlebars to bicycle riders; Advice on how to prevent bike injuries.
- The SAR Heat Is On. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;10/1/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p17
Reports on the plans of wireless communications companies in the United States to develop a standard for measuring specific absorption rates in radiation emission of cellular phones. Federal Communications Commission's radiation safety standards implemented on wireless manufacturers; Concerns of...
- No Rest Stop In Sight For Driving Debate. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/01/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the vehicular homicide trial involving a driver distracted by a wireless phone in New York in December 2000 which escalated the debate on talking while driving. Results of the trial; Legislation restricting the use of wireless phones while driving in the United States.
- Lifted to safety. TESSERAS, LUCY // Logistics Manager;Dec2008, p65
The article reports on forklift safety initiatives launched by various manufacturers in a bid to raise awareness and reduce the fatality and injury rate at warehouses. Toyota has developed the System of Active Stability, which constantly monitors critical factors and takes preventative action if...
- TAKING IT TO THE STREETS. Haney, Mike // Popular Science;Aug2004, Vol. 265 Issue 2, p78
Features the text message-printing bike developed by Josh Kinberg. Educational background of Kinberg; Other projects developed by Kinberg; Overview of the printing process.
- Two-wheeled pioneers sought for bike constructors' challenge. Ford, Jason // Engineer (Online Edition);10/6/2014, p5
The article cites the Bespoked Constructors' Challenge in Great Britain that will seek five teams to design, build and ride bespoke bicycles in 2015. It cites the event's aim to broaden and diversify bespoke bicycles' appeal and notes the deadline for the submission of entries on October 31,...
- Siemens Bike-o-Meter IBS-600. Yiacoumi, Roulla // Australian PC User;Jun2005, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p131
Evaluates the Bike-O-Meter IBS-600 from Siemens. Mobile phone from Siemens that is compatible with the Bike-O-Meter; Key features; Cost.