Biking-Talking Ban A Bust
- Interoperability 'report card': PSWN grades the progress. Siegle, Derek // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p18
Presents an assessment of the progress in the interoperability of public safety wireless communication systems by the Public Safety Wireless Network (PSWN) in the United States. Areas of public safety wireless systems interoperability that was assessed; Interoperability rankings of several...
- Inside the numbers. Cote, Alan // Bicycling;Nov98, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
Provides information on several changes in bicycle racing rules. History of the rulings.
- Pass the bar exam. Geraci, Ron // Men's Health;Sep98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p48
Discusses some safety precautions in positioning the handlebars of mountain bicycles. Dangers posed by vertical handlebars to bicycle riders; Advice on how to prevent bike injuries.
- The SAR Heat Is On. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;10/1/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p17
Reports on the plans of wireless communications companies in the United States to develop a standard for measuring specific absorption rates in radiation emission of cellular phones. Federal Communications Commission's radiation safety standards implemented on wireless manufacturers; Concerns of...
- No Rest Stop In Sight For Driving Debate. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/01/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the vehicular homicide trial involving a driver distracted by a wireless phone in New York in December 2000 which escalated the debate on talking while driving. Results of the trial; Legislation restricting the use of wireless phones while driving in the United States.
- Lifted to safety. TESSERAS, LUCY // Logistics Manager;Dec2008, p65
The article reports on forklift safety initiatives launched by various manufacturers in a bid to raise awareness and reduce the fatality and injury rate at warehouses. Toyota has developed the System of Active Stability, which constantly monitors critical factors and takes preventative action if...
- FLARB LLC ANNOUNCES BMX TRUCK BIKE WIRELESS GAME. // BMX Plus;Nov2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p9
Previews the BMX Trick Bike video game on Verizon Wireless and other wireless carriers. Game features.
- LACUNAE: Fine for chat on bike. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Apr2005, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p76
The article focuses on an incident relate to the fine for phone chat on bike. Great Britain Police on Queensland's Gold Coast weren't taking Michael Dailey for a ride in May when they slapped him with a $225 fine for talking on his mobile phone while cycling. One would have thought that a...
- TAKING IT TO THE STREETS. Haney, Mike // Popular Science;Aug2004, Vol. 265 Issue 2, p78
Features the text message-printing bike developed by Josh Kinberg. Educational background of Kinberg; Other projects developed by Kinberg; Overview of the printing process.