Combo-bidding Reviews Mixed
- Testing A Package Deal. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communication Commission's decision to experiment with combinatorial bidding on the 700 MHz spectrum. Response of BellSouth Cellular Corp. to the decision; Actions taken by SBC Wireless Inc.; Reasons for the opposition of Verizon Wireless to the package...
- Relocation Costs May Stifle MSS. // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p42
Focuses on the contention of satellite companies that a United States Federal Communications Commission Report and Order on spectrum allocation will prove costly for the telecommunication industry. Information on the order; Result of costly relocation payments.
- C Block Hits Carving Block. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission is planning to change each 30-Megahertz C-Block frequency spectrum. Reactions from small wireless telecommunication companies; Actions taken by large telecommunication companies.
- Clinton's 3G Pandora's Box. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;11/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p6
Focuses on an October 2000 decree of United States President Bill Clinton to the Federal Communications Commission to hold 3G auctions in internationally-designated spectrum bands. Technological and economic risk involved in 3G; Advantage and disadvantage of more cellular technology.
- APCO Fights E911 Waiver. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p22
Reports on the efforts of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International (APCO) in fighting a waiver for the enhanced 911 location requirements given to VoiceStream Wireless by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Contention of the APCO on the FCC decision;...
- Industry praises FCC spectrum policy. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p20
Reports on developments with the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) with regards to its spectrum policy. Call for legislation for spectrum fees, tax certificates and `two-sided auctions'; FCC member Harold Furchgott-Roth's backing of the agency's spectrum guidelines;...
- The 700 MHz Gorilla. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;6/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p24
The article focuses on the 700 megahertz (MHz) telecommunication spectrum in the U.S. According to the author, the spectrum is in the upper 700 MHz range, not the lower 700 MHz band where companies such as Qualcomm's MediaFLO already are deploying services. The spectrum's auction in 2007 are...
- Appeals court upholds spectrum cap. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p3
Announces the ruling made by a federal appeals court in January 1999 to uphold the United States Federal Communications Commission's spectrum cap. Arguments raised by BellSouth Wireless Inc. in challenging the cap; Reaction of the telecommunication industry to the cap.
- FCC moves closer to spectrum-cap waivers. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to lift its restrictions on telecommunication firms' acquisition of spectrum. Auction of personal communications services licenses; Opposition of small wireless carriers to the plan of lifting restrictions on the...