New Technology Ventures: What Factors Lead to Success?
- RIP: Chiaro Networks. // TelecomWeb News Digest;12/20/2005, p1
The article presents information on the shut down of Chiaro Networks Ltd., a router manufacturer company. Chiaro Networks, after burning through $220 million in venture capital, is closing its doors. According to reports out of Israel, Chiaro employees and suppliers have been notified that all...
- From Another World--New Competitors and the Need to Adapt. Lebowitz, Jeff // Mortgage Banking;Apr2006, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p107
The article comments on the increased competition in the mortgage industry, and the threat of potential extinction facing mortgage originators and their technology vendors in the United States. It discusses the qualities of long-lived technology companies. The article discusses how free-market...
- Overanxious or underinsured? // Computer Weekly;8/2/2005, p16
This article focuses on the need of a proper planning to ensure success in business related to the computer industry. All the planning in the world is pointless if the reality fails to match when things go pear-shaped. There is, though, a valid argument that for many organisations the effort and...
- Women out of technology. Pascoe, Eva // New Statesman;07/10/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4494, pxxx
Deals with the stereotype against women chief executive officer (CEO) in high technology industries. Examples of business failures by women CEO; Perception on the women CEO in technology industries; Success of women CEO in running information technology businesses.
- Business is a dog-eat-dog world. Zimmer, III, Karl R. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p11
The article presents the author's comments on the consequences of too much competition in the business industry. The author points out that the competitive instinct in humans is related to the "fight or flight" impulse that also induces people to feel divided into groups of "us" and "them." He...
- Enhancement of Entrepreneurial Leadership: A Case Focusing on a Model of Successful Conflict Management Skills. Leffel, Anita; Hallam, Cory; Darling, John // Administrative Issues Journal: Education, Practice & Research;Oct2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p13
The purpose of this paper is to present a case study focusing on a new technology start-up firm, founded by two graduate students, an engineer and a business major, who met during their university studies. The case is timely, in that only ten percent of new product introductions result in a...
- Branding ranks third for tech success. // B to B;01/22/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p6
Highlights a survey of analysts conducted by Chicago, Illinois-based Leo Burnett Technology Group ranking the five attributes that successful technology companies share.
- WRITING THE FINAL CHAPTER. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
Reports the growth of bankruptcies in several technology companies in the U.S. Impact of the bankruptcies on the creditors and investors; Effect of the economic recession on the manufacturing industries; Preference of the business enterprises for company liquidation.
- Digital disconnect. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;04/16/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the failure of several technology companies in Detroit, Michigan. Closure of Argus Associates Inc., SilverCube Inc. and Rare Medium Group Inc.; Downsizing at several technology companies.