Value Creation in Knowledge-Based Firms: Aligning Problems and Resources
- The Multi-dimension Spiral Model of the Knowledge-based Corporation. Lianjuan Wang // Journal of Software (1796217X);Jul2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p469
This article makes an example of Beijing Future Advertising Corporation and explains its multi-dimension spiral model, which includes knowledge spiral, opportunity spiral and value spiral. The three spirals connect and promote mutually and push the development of the corporations' core...
- Research on Construction and Application of Individual Knowledge Management Maturity Evaluation Model. Dan Chang; Xiaoying Han; Baowei Chen // Journal of Computing & Information Technology;2014 Special Issue, p53
Individual knowledge management is basic component of organizational knowledge management, and the maturity of individual knowledge management has a significant impact on organizational knowledge management. This research introduces scientific idea of capability maturity model into individual...
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: John Allsop. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Dec2007, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p18
An interview with John Allsop, area framework manager of May Gumey is presented. When asked what his first job was, he says that after graduation he worked for Brims Construction, a subsidiary of Swan Hunter in Southampton for Â£1,200 a year. He relates that after ten years, he sees himself...
- To save biodiversity, conservationists must show that ecosystem health is linked to human prosperity. // New Scientist;9/15/2007, Vol. 195 Issue 2621, p3
The article reports that conservation efforts throughout the world are lacking support because they do not use arguments that appeal to public opinion. With the richest countries having populations centered in urban areas, there is little understanding of the importance of maintaining wetlands...
- A Knowledge-Based Theory of the Firm--The Problem-Solving Perspective. Nickerson, Jack A.; Zenger, Todd R. // Organization Science;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p617
In this paper we develop a knowledge-based theory of the firm. While existing knowledge-based theory focuses on the efficiency of hierarchy in economizing on knowledge exchange, we develop a theory of the firm that focuses on the efficiency of alternative organizational forms in generating...
- Benefits of value engineering criteria studies. Mitten, Douglas N. // AACE International Transactions;1997, following pVE&C.
Discusses lessons learned about reasoning, methods and benefits associated with value engineering criteria studies. Space planning; Life cycle costs; Management processes.
- EVA fever. Blair, Alistair // Management Today;Jan97, p42
Discusses the views of British companies on the concept of economic value added (EVA). EVA and its implication on corporate debt; EVA as net operating profit after tax less your cost of capital. INSET: Easy if you know your alpha and beta..
- Value engineering: Paradigm or paradox? McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Mar1996, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the concept of value engineering in construction management services. Origins of the concept; Objectives of value engineering; Need for total quality engineering (TQE).
- Strategic value analysis. Mills, Roger; Print, Carole // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb95, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p35
Part I. Compares shareholder value analysis and economic value added. Measurement of the potential financial benefit to shareholders from pursuing strategic options; Importance of focusing on economic principles.