Stocks And FX Caught In Political Cross Fire
- Hike in Fuel Brings Opposition Together. // India -- West;3/5/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 15, pA33
The article reports on the protest of the Indian opposition against the proposed price hike in petrol and diesel on February 26, 2010 in New Delhi, India.
- Markets fall as Cairo violence escalates. HAMID, TRISKA // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/4/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p17
The article reports on the decrease in Egypt's stock market prices following the violent protests in Cairo. It states that the investors fear that the power struggle could lead to political and economic instability which could have a negative impact on investments. Foreign companies and...
- Exchange Seat Prices Still Bearish. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p13
Reports on the disappearance of seats of investors in stock exchanges. Loss of value of securities exchanges; Seats sold by the Pacific Stock Exchange.
- Inspirational leadership required. // Finance Week;12/14/2001, p4
Focuses on the influential people in investment. Role in securing protection against weakening investment; Confidence on stocks; Impact of leadership on economic development.
- Shelter in the storm. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;07/05/02, p17
Focuses on the impact of equity markets and SA market among investors. Consideration on listed property; Assessment on international property markets; Expectation of recovery in the global economy.
- Must the rich eat cake? Sergeant, Barry // Finance Week;7/19/2002, p31
Reports on the loss experienced by the rich investors on plunging markets in 2001, according to a research report by Boston Consulting Group. Amount lost by the investors in the U.S. markets; Impact of the decline in net wealth on the stock markets.
- Bad 2001 results make investors wary. Wylot, Robert // Warsaw Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p19
Reports the causes of the stock exchange decline in Warsaw, Poland. Effects of the prevalence of wait-and-see attitude among investors; Description of the fourth quarter financial result; Vulnerability of publicly traded companies on economic downturn.
- Five steps to mastering market turbulence. Hyatt, Craig // Inside Tucson Business;07/31/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p7
Provides steps to make short-term volatility in the stock market less intimidating for investors. Adjustment of expectations; Diversification of portfolio; Rebalancing of assets.
- Investors see boom in European stocks. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;5/4/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the move made by the global investors to the bull market in Europe. Comments from chief investment officer of Mastholm Asset Management in Bellevue, Washington, Ted Tyson; Examination of the 1998 European market gains; Details on corporate earnings projections; Information on the...