The determinants of capital structure
- Manufacturing activity records gain in Feb. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p16
Focuses on the activity gains of the manufacturing sector in the U.S. Factors contributing to the activity gains of the sector; Components which provides a big lift to the overall index; Figures of the manufacturing activity gains.
- Study: Market to Grow 6% through 2006. // PC FAB;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p14
Reports the effects of the downturn in manufacturing industries and drop in capital spending on industrial sensor demand in the U.S. Growth of the industrial sensors per year; Need for improved performance in process industries and sensor technologies; Increase in the production of semiconductors.
- Competition and Corporate Capital Investment. Lippitt, Jeffrey W.; Miesing, Paul; Oliver, Bruce L. // Business Forum;Winter88, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
No abstract available.
- The Effect of Public Capital on U.S. Manufacturing Activity: 1970 to 1978. Deno, Kevin T. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct88, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p400
The intent of this study is to derive unconditional estimates of manufacturing firms' variable input demand and output supply elasticities with respect to four measures of public capital: roads and highways, sewers and sewage disposal facilities, water supply and treatment facilities, and the...
- Capital structure dynamics with interrelated adjustment: Australian evidence. Gatward, Paul; Sharpe, Ian G. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p89
Examines the dynamics of financial structure decisions through the specification and estimation of a dynamic model of capital structure choice in Australia. Desired equity and debt ratios; Dynamics of capital structure of Australian firms; Determinants of capital structure.
- Change. It's better than the alternative. Ervin, J. Patrick // American Machinist;Jul2005 Supplement, Vol. 149, p8
Focuses on the impact of the changes brought about by globalization and technology on U.S. manufacturers. Issues that should be addressed by the industry to meet the changes; Advantage of the capital and labor markets in the country; Factors that should be considered in order to succeed.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Kinnander, Ola; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p2
No abstract available.
- Plant-Level Adjustment and Aggregate Investment Dynamics. Caballero, Ricardo J.; Engel, Eduardo M. R. A; Haltiwanger, John C. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;1995, Issue 2, p1
This article examines aggregate investment by manufacturing plants in the U.S. By building from the microeconomic actions of individual plants, this article aims to highlight some of the landmarks on the path leading from microeconomic investment decisions to aggregate investment dynamics. The...
- A New Year of 'What-Ifs'. Weimer, George // Material Handling Management;Jan2002, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p21
Discusses the impact of the terrorist attack in the U.S. in 2001 on the country's business and manufacturing. Result of a survey of chief financial officers by Fleet Capital Corporation; Comments by James G. Connolly, president and chief executive officer of Fleet Capital.