A neural network based clustering procedure for bankruptcy prediction
- The Impact of Business Model Characteristics on IT Firms' Performance. Rédis, Jean // International Journal of Business;Sep2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p291
This paper is an exploratory study. Its purpose is to investigate the influence of business model (BM) characteristics on the performance of new firms in the IT sector. We looked at three BM characteristics based on a review of the theoretical literature: the positioning of business activity on...
- SEVENTH CIRCUIT UPHOLDS UCC FLOATING LIEN IN BANKRUPTCY. Davenport, William B. // Business Lawyer;Jul69, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1375
Focuses on the Bankruptcy Act of the Uniform Commercial Code in Chicago, Illinois. Decision of judges on the validity of 'floating lien'; Details on the In re Grain Merchants of Indiana, Inc. case; Purpose of the Bankruptcy Act.
- IT chiefs must prepare as supplier insolvencies rise. Favell, Andy // Computer Weekly;5/9/2002, p2
Reports the bankruptcy among suppliers of computer hardware and software in Great Britain. Increase in the number of insolvencies for the third quarter; Result of the economic slowdown; Reduction of profit margins and credit lines.
- Costly Lessons. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;01/21/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 3, p16
Examines the bankruptcy case involving Computrex Inc. in the United States. Lack of security measures for payments made to the freight agent; Liabilities of shippers; Strategies for protection in case of outsourcing freight payments.
- Replacing the autarky factor prices with the corresponding post-trade prices. Madresehee, Mehrdad // American Economist;Fall93, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p53
Proves two theorems which make it possible to conduct tests to support the Deardoff model of factor-proportions theory of trade by replacing autarky factor prices with the corresponding post-trade prices. Limitations of Deardoff's results in their empirical applicability; Basis of Deardoff's...
- Consistent estimation of Armington demand models. Davis, George C.; Kruse, Nancy C. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug93, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p719
Provides a method of removing inconsistencies encountered during the use of the Armington trade model. Bases of Armington trade model; Goals behind disclosing deficiencies of model; Primal system solution; Comparison with traditional Armington application.
- CEO locus of control, strategic planning, differentiation, and small business performance: A test... Nwachukwu, Osita C. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Fall95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p9
Examines a path analytic model of the relationships among chief executive officer (CEO) locus of control, futurity in strategy-making, structural differentiation and economic performance. Theoretical background; Propositions; Variables and measures; Implications.
- Applied scale development: Measurement of store image. Reardon, James; Miller, Chip E. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Fall95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p85
Discusses the need for the development of measures that can be used in an applied domain. Difference of applied scales from scales used for scientific research; Applied scale for retail managers to assess store image; Priorities.
- NewsDigest. // eWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p11
Reports developments related to the computer industry in the United States as of December 2000. Members of the Business Internet Consortium; Aim of the nonprofit corporation consortium; Accounts on the filing of bankruptcy protection by the Lernout & Hauspie speech recognition company; Reason...