Increases in the systematic risk of large firms
- VALUE ADDED. Vujovich, Dian // Entrepreneur;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p72
Features the T. Rowe Price Mid-Cap Value Fund, a mutual fund managed by David Wallack. Rate of return achieved by the fund; Technique for profiting on the stock market; Characteristics of midcap companies; Risks of investing in equity funds.
- INTEGRATION, CONCENTRATION, AND PROFITS IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES. Fuchs, Victor R. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May61, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p278
This article discusses economic aspects of manufacturing industries based on the classification of their output into three different types of establishments. In the typical manufacturing industry the plants owned by "diversified" companies are, on the average, larger and have more value added...
- Identification Of Industry Groups That Perform Well Against Derived Required Rate Of Return To Equity Benchmarks. Volker, John X.; Phillips, Michael D.; Anderson, Steven J. // Culture & Religion Review Journal;2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 3, p139
This paper examines the relationship between a benchmark or hurdle required rate of return to equity (ROE) and the actual rate of return provided owners of selected small business industry categories. A build-up methodology, as outlined by Shannon Pratt, is utilized to develop the benchmark...
- SOME EVIDENCE ON THE EFFECT OF COMPANY SIZE ON THE COST OF EQUITY CAPITAL. Alberts, W. W.; Archer, S. H. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Mar1973, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p229
The article presents evidence on the effect of company size on the cost of equity capital. The authors state that the goal of the paper presented is to carry out tests of the general hypothesis, urged by scholars F.M. Scherer and J.F. Weston and E.F. Brigham, that the cost-of-equity capital of...
- COMMENT: SOME EVIDENCE ON THE EFFECT OF COMPANY SIZE ON THE COST OF EQUITY CAPITAL. Goudzwaard, Maurice B. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Mar1973, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p243
The article presents comments of the author on the paper "Some Evidence on the Effect of Company Size on the Cost of Equity Capital," by W.W. Alberts and S.H. Archer. The article states that the authors provide a valuable addition to the understanding of capital markets and how resources are...
- Reoffering Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p30
Presents a chart depicting the reoffering yields in the U.S. as of April 2002.
- Data stream. // Bank Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p55
Deals with the minimum rate of return suggested by investors in the United States. Percentage of investors who demand a return of 5 percent; Other percentage of rate of return suggested.
- Endowment & foundation index. Hall, John // Pensions & Investments;11/25/96, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p8
Presents statistical information on the returns on endowment and foundation indexes in New York City, for the period ended June 30, 1996.
- Looking only at return is risky, obscuring real goal. Sortino, Frank // Pensions & Investments;11/25/96, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p12
Opinion. States that risk and return should be looked at as one component of the concept of uncertainty. Problem of multiple targets; Goal of the investors.