A uses and gratifications perspective on the Internet as a new information source
- Internet censorship in Turkey: University students' opinions. Ozkan, Hasan; Arikan, Arda // World Journal on Educational Technology;Jun2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p46
The aim of this paper is to study university students' opinions toward online censorship with references to their sociopolitical and economic variables. Considering the upwards trend and the increasing number of online restrictions in Turkey, the opinions of university students (n=138) are...
- Newsbriefs... // Electronic Education Report;02/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the percentage of college students in the United States who own a computer and their views on the advantages of securing information on the Internet.
- An examination of internet usage on two college campuses. Davis, Stephen F.; Smith, Brandy G.; Rodrigue, Karen; Pulvers, Kim // College Student Journal;Jun99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p257
Assesses Internet availability and use by college students on two campuses, a small, private liberal arts university and a medium-size, public university. Access of students of both campuses to the Internet; Extensive hours on-line by students from the public institution.
- Students' online shopping doubles in a year. // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p18
Describes the activities of college students who access the Internet, according to a study by Greenfield Online. Increased online shopping activities; Research on the lifestyles of college students.
- AIR, WATER, INTERNET. // Group;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 38, p19
The article discusses survey findings indicating that the Internet is more important than water, air or shelter to 73% of college students around the world while 23% say that it is more important than being with friends and 26% say they have not visited a bookstore to buy a book in two years.
- The computer becomes a dorm room's hearth. Clayton, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;11/28/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p15
Discusses the popularity and importance of the Internet and computers to college students in the United States.
- Texas judge bars spamming on Internet. // Community College Week;10/06/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p11
Reports that a State District judge barred a California college student and his company from `spamming' on the Internet without consent. Circumstances surrounding the case; Definition of `spamming.'
- Study shows college students Internet-savvy. // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/14/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p11
Cites a study showing that students see the Internet as an integral part of their college life. Increase in the number of students who have made online purchases; Reasons for students ordering their textbooks online; Variety of locations from where students access the Internet.
- College Students' Internet Use, Relationship Formation, and Personality Correlates. Bonebrake, Katie // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p551
The Internet has become a standard fixture in the lives of many people, with communication being one of its most popular uses. Several mediumsâ€”such as electronic mail (e-mail), group mailing forums, interactive games, and real-time chattingâ€”provide users with communication...